Mental Health Forums

Don't Think I Can Face Christmas.

Warrior Princess

Been so depressed all day. went Christmas shopping and really didn't want to. some people are easy enough to shop for becaue they will appreciate what ever I give them. Those people were no hassle. it's just my younger son.... I just wonder if no matter what I do or what i give him... it won't be good enough. it won't be apreciated and he won't say thank you or hug me or want it.

Last year I got my older son a laptop computer... this year was suppose to be my younger son's turn since he's starting college. I'm just so afraid to spend the money on it and it's still not good enough. My younger son seems so absent from my life. He's lost in the world of online gaming and rarely comes out of it. Getting the computer for him will only add to this. I feel like I don't have a son! I just have a computer program that I can't even get in touch with. :( Makes me feel so sad.

My older son has a different issue... he won't sort out his unemployment benefit and is just living off of us for nothing! He's 19 years old and refuses to make a single phone call to sort this out. His reason... "I don't want to talk on the phone" But... h3e can't do this any other way! He doesn't seem to realize the importance of it... or that he can't just live here for nothing any more. He makes no effort to get a job and we are in financial crisis.

My dad has been struggling with having mini strokes which has taken a real toll on me and my mum.

I just see very little hope for the new year

WP

Sounds like you have a lot of stresses, WP.

Your eldest... I am inclined to say let him get on with what he enjoys. He might not be a geek all his life, one day he may come out into the real world :).

Your youngest.... you might have to get tough with him and give him a deadline to get him to take that action. Problem is, getting tough is difficult, isn't it... nobody wants to kick their own son or daughter out.

I hope Christmas turns out better for you than you think.

WP,

I know no women wants to be a nag, but I think about my mom and my foster mother now. I can honestly say I am glad for the times they nudged and pushed me to do more, it taught me what expectation was, what they hoped and wanted for me. I showed me they loved me, even though it didn't feel like it at the time.

The only reason pressies were easy this year is because my budget was so unemployed driven. Normally, I want to give the gift that reflects the kind of relationship I want me + other, to have. I feel bad and get down when they don't match up, when I don't get the result I was wanting. It makes me feel so empty.

Only a few more days and it will be all over.

Sah

Instead of getting him to talk on the phone, why don't you make an appointment for him to talk to somebody face to face? And with the younger son, you could just give him money and let him pick his own laptop. If he wants a more expensive one he'll have to pay towards it himself.

I hate Christmas too. But we have to get through it, unfortunately. <3

(((((warrior princess))))))) i'm so sorry, ppl who dont want their presents hurts so much. I used to buy presents for my mum sometimes and she wouldn't want them and shed even seem angry i got it for her like i got her a bookmark and she just said right and put it on the window sill and it stayed there for weeks, then another time i got her a t shirt, its just so horrible. this year i am sending christmas cards to online friends and they are sending stuff to me and its really nice but i found out some of them have sent presents and now i feel guilty for not sending a present but i would never have dared send a present coz i wouldnt expect them to want anything i sent

Could you give your younger son money instead of a present? then it will definately be useful for him and he can buy whatever he wants. i know its not the same as choosing something really special and thinking about what to buy but maybe that would be something he was able to apreciate even if he doesnt show it

idk what to sugest for your older son coz i'm just the same as him really. Isnt there some way he can sort it online? there are lots of things i can't do coz its on the phone so my mum phones for me but most things i can do online and not have to talk to ppl. also I did some benefits stuff recently and i didnt want to talk on the phone so i wrote them a letter and that worked.

Hi all thanks for your replies. Means a lot to me.

here it is Christmas eve and I was wondering if any one even gave one damn about me at all... Reading your replies did give me some hope that maybe someone out there actually does care. :(

Had a horrible night... got invited over to my friends place for Christmas eve for a drink and some nibbles and ended up in a HUGE fight with her man!!! and all because he gave me his unsolicited "advice" on how to handle the finances... Advice I did not ask for or want... and when I told him that it wasn't how I wanted to handle things he just kept on and on and on... and wouldn't stop.

It was the final straw when my best friend started chipping in her two cents worth too. I felt so ganged up on and unsupported.

I ended up walking off... I walked for over an hour before my ever so 'loving' husband finally showed up to pick me up. Before that, a stranger had offered me a ride and I should have taken it. The thoughts going through my head were "I don't care if he drags me off and kills me!!!" I was so suicidal! And so pissed off that it took my husband over an hour to come find me. I actually stopped off in the grave yard for a while and "hung out" with the atmosphere there. Pretty morbid eh? If the pub had been open I would have gone there and got drunk, but it was closed. I also stopped at the bridge, and looked over the edge into the darkness wondering how long the drop was.

Now all I can think about is self harm, self harm, self harm.

I know that all sounds petty and stupid... but it's just the way my head space is right now.

In the mean time, my oldest son has finally been forced to make that phone call because he got a collection notice letter on money he owes... so now we just have to wait for the phone call back to do the over the phone interview.

My youngest... I took him out shopping and bought him some clothes, with the promise of a computerized calculater which was his choice in stead of a laptop.

the debts my husband has managed to get us into... still unresolved. I've been to a financial counsellor but she keeps letting me down, saying things are ok when they arn;'t and I feel lied to and cheated by her! She claims she has spoken to our creditors and put freezes on interest and payments, yet we still get letters and threatening phone calls, and late charges because we havn't made payments! We could have afforded to make the minimum payments but didn't based on her advice! I was so angry and it's all that was on my mind. I guess that's why I got into such a huge fight with my bf's boyfriend over it.

Anyway... not sure what to do with myself. I've taken a largactil to try to soothe myself off to sleep and thought I'd just come here to vent it all out or something.

I'm really sorry everyone... your warrior princess is just the warrior of nothingness right now :( Useless to all of you.

Hi WP, it is so nice to hear from you, sounds like things are really tough atm, been in that grave yard too, they are actually peaceful places.

please keep coming back on here when you can and venting, raving what ever you need to do and stay safe eh?

The wierd thing is... in the grave yard I felt like I was not alone. Like there were so many lonely souls and spirits there wishing they had someone to share christmas with too....

Not sure if it was just a wierd head space I was in... or if there is some truth to it. I do believe in a spirit world. I know I was not really alone.

WP

sorry you're having a tough time wp, i have financial problems at the moment too, so i know how scary and horrible it can be.

your friend's partner giving you unwanted advice sounds really annoying. i always feel really patronised when people try and tell me what to do.

can you find another financial advisor to help you out? also, have you told her/your debtors that you have mh problems? i know in the uk, if you tell them that, they are supposed to back off and not send you hundreds of letters all the time (not sure if they actually do that in practise).

keep taking care of yourself wp - you deserve good things and good times.

always here if you need a chat/vent/pm xx

((((wp)))thinking of you and hoping things get better soon.

p.s you will ALWAYS be warrior princess and NEVER warrior of nothingness.

xxx

I'm sorry things are so horrible but it does sound like youve handled things really well even tho it might not seem that way.

i hope christmas is better than you think because you deserve it. i'm not just saying that, i can see how much you care about your family even when they are making you unhappy. and even if it is horrible it wont be christmas forever even if it seems like it ((((WP)))))xxx

WP - I hope that Christmas went better than you were expecting - you offer such support and wisdom on here and I hope that karma made your Christmas good for you xxxx

sorry you're having a tough time wp, i have financial problems at the moment too, so i know how scary and horrible it can be.

your friend's partner giving you unwanted advice sounds really annoying. i always feel really patronised when people try and tell me what to do.

can you find another financial advisor to help you out? also, have you told her/your debtors that you have mh problems? i know in the uk, if you tell them that, they are supposed to back off and not send you hundreds of letters all the time (not sure if they actually do that in practise).

keep taking care of yourself wp - you deserve good things and good times.

always here if you need a chat/vent/pm xx

Yeah they know I have MH problems.

Onm the up side, Christmas is over. went ok.

We had a nice BBQ here for new years day and I have ALL the house work caught up even the 40 + loads of laundry!

Also there were 8 puppies born. I lost one but have 7 live ones. One I have to bottle raise because it's small and weak but it was nice to finally get them.

WP

Archived