Mental Health Forums

New Level Of Social Anxiety Reached

wane

I am in a new charity shop now (still on forced work experience). And the manageress and volunteers are really nice. We have just got a new assistant mangaeress and she is really nice too. I like it better here. I have reached a level with social anxiety i never thought i would get to. I will try to explain it as best i can. Before starting there, i was worried that other people could tell i was anxious and see that i was anxious. So it was more about physical symptoms of anxiety. This is still with me. The only thing now is that i find it difficult knowing what to say/talk about with colleagues. When i am working i am normally concentrating on the job anyway and dont speak much. People there seem to have a good ability at being able to do their job and converse. However even at breaks, i dont really know what to say.

i have got to say, this is very much like what i am like at home in front of parents. I mean i dont say much around my family. The only thing i ever do seem to ask is whether they are ok. I would say i dont worry AS much about physical symptoms of anxiety around family as i do around work colleagues for some reason.

So what i am trying to say is i am now at a stage where i am pretty much like i am in the comfort of my own home. But is this still social anxiety.

Edit/Delete Message

Archived