Mental Health Forums

Xmas Hurts

bellaboo

Happy xmas everyone. I managed to eat hot food on xmas day small plate of fish and veg no gravy havent eaten hot food for bout 8 month this year app from odd cup of soup. Now im in agony i was expecting some tummy troubles as i have bern told i have ibs but its so painful and since my periods returned there mega painfil been to docs 100 times they say there nothing they can do. Anyone else like this. First year without getting rid off food. Happy new year everyone

Bellaboo - I get something from my docs called Mefenamic Acid which is specifically for chronic period pain and it really is very good. As far as the IBS is concerned the only thing that I've heard about is something called Buscopan but I am no expert on this. I would go back to your doc and mention these meds as you can only get them on prescription - good luck and don't give up.

The reason I was having seriously bad periods pains was because I had polyps on my cervix and heavy bleeding came with that too - fight for some help with this xxxx

that sounds awful. I suffer with IBS too, what i do is try eating healthy foods.. fish with veg, chicken so on.i do eat fruit too. I try to be careful what i eat, if something upsets my tummy i avoid next time. I have also got a lactose intolerance which is what i thought could of also been cause when i cut it out completely my tummy felt ok.

i also suffer with period problems- they are so painful, they make me feel sick and faint which i am on pills for ' tranexamic acid to help the pain, and femullen to make the bleeding less heavier. i notice the signs day before im due it makes me ill so i quickly take my tranexamic acid which to be taken when im on my period x3 day

that sounds awful. I suffer with IBS too, what i do is try eating healthy foods.. fish with veg, chicken so on.i do eat fruit too. I try to be careful what i eat, if something upsets my tummy i avoid next time. I have also got a lactose intolerance which is what i thought could of also been cause when i cut it out completely my tummy felt ok.

i also suffer with period problems- they are so painful, they make me feel sick and faint which i am on pills for ' tranexamic acid to help the pain, and femullen to make the bleeding less heavier. i notice the signs day before im due it makes me ill so i quickly take my tranexamic acid which to be taken when im on my period x3 day

for my IBS i take Buscopan x1, colpermin peppermint capsule x3 day

Thanks for replies really helpfull i have just got colpermin tried loads of other tablets but nothing works so hopefully these will. I also cant have lactose ir whaet which does help i think its just cos i had hot food my body is not used too. I dont have heavy periods in fact there barely there but man they hurt and make me sick ill defo ask bout thoses tablets to my doc thanks liads for advice everybody xx

hey bellaboo! i was just wondering if u dont mind me prying but u said first year not getting rid of food and i wanted to know if u were recovering from a long bout with eating disorders cause when i was recovering i had loads of problems similar and congrats! maybe if u tell me more? xxx

I have had an eating disorder for the last 20 years, i can go a week without food of any description. I do try sometimes to eat a biscuit. This xmas i had a meal the size for a sparrow and a small bit of mash and cold meat on boxing day, they are the only 2 days i let myself go, i have had various medications but since my hysterectomy my tummy doesnt give me as much grief. I have constant pain but i'm used to it now.

Hello jades. Yes i am on a journey of recovery and relapse i managed to stop mia for a year now with odd relapse i still restrict but struggle to eat now anyway because of my tummy i really tried to sort it and its better than it initially was when i first started recovery i have done lots of research and food diarys illumating triggerd etc.... I have probiotic tablets acid reflux meds but its still bit of a mess i dont usually eat hot food mainly rice cakes tuna almond butter salad and apples thats what i feel safe with in terms of ed and ibs. I suffered eds for 7years but i guess still am in a way but im not consumed in that world as im trying to fight it which is succsesfull sometimes to a point if ya know what i mean. I dont mind ya prying. Hope ya well are ya still having similiar syptoms? x scallywag im sorry your in pain still hope ya can find some comfort somewhere or somehow. I wish you good health

may i say well done bellaboo! i suffered 20 some odd years but have pulled thru and it all worked itself out thanks! when i was early on recovery i did similar with the safe foods. when i journeyed out it was always a shock to my body but u gotta remember u've messed urself up a bit lets say :ashamed0005: try easing into each food individually it feels alot safer to go slow and its easier if u'r not a veggie might i suggest something with more iron? u may be low? i, myself was increadibly thiamin low and had to get shots till i got it safely into my foods. and if u were bulimic ur potassium may be low too so maybe a bananna? but aside from being low on anything ur eating alot of fiber too maybe some more easily digested foods may help too, i mean ur insides arent used to processing food well yet. sorry don't mean to sound know it all cause i dont but maybe some of this may help? but well done, keep going hun! xxx

Thamkyou jades. Its hard but people like you are my inspiration people who have come out of it. I still loave food and my body and lack of control but i can find a happy medium with few foods i never thought bout lacking things but might explain the exhuastion and im balances going on. I am a veggie ill try adding spinach. I find bananas play havoc and worry bout carbs is there anything else with potasium in? apprecaite your advice thanks. X

hey looked it up spinich is high in potassium, prunes, tomatoes and potatoes but i dont think potatoes if ur worried about carbs but i was worried about carbs too and cut them out thats how i got thiamin deficient so dont cut em out too much. but low potassium would be the most reasonable thing i can think about exhaustion and low iron would make the periods more painful at the stage that i think ur at could also be dizziness too by the way but if u need to ask anything ever just pm me hope i can help ya xxxxx best of luck and thanks for the compliment xxxx r u a veggie for health reasons or ethical do u mind me asking? hope its not rude but i was a veggie i thought but deep down later i realized it was an excuse not having to face some food fears but thats just me i had to break all food fears even the dreaded milk , god i hate milk! i called home from the ed hospital everyday for a week about that one lol! but u find ur own way everyones different and as u know alot of ed is competition in recovery so do it ur way what and when is best for u if u want it to last id say again i hope i dont come off as know it all just giving u my experience xxxxtc

I was put on some potassium tablets last week as my levels are low, i am also aneamic which it does sound like you are to, the tiredness is a sign of that one. Maybe go see and speak with your gp about getting some blood tests done.

xx

Thankyou for looking those up. I stopped eating meat when i was 6 i used to throw my dinner out the window for my dog i could never swallow it. I think it is a fear thing i dont actually like beef or pork or lamb at all i think i use a lot of excuses for not aving things but also cos of my ibs idont really know what i can and cant tolerate any more cos everything seems to set it off especially gluten wheat yeasty and sugar. I think i need new doctor as i have been to him so many times and been refused testsvand told i have ibs and irratable bladder but said theres nothing he can do no other things have been illumanated before this diagnosis he referred me to a dietician but said dont get my hopes up as they prob wont be able to help i bern in therr crying when it was unbareable and fobbed off feeling like i was making a fuss obviously they know my history. I didnt keep up with cbt wished i had really. Sorry my typing all over the place. Thanks for all your advise il get new doc and see and ill try those new foods if i can x

a new doc is probably a good idea u might call an ed hossy or recovery place and see if they recomend a doc that is friendly to this stuff but i know it can be hard u see the doc u can but have a think about food fears and maybe try something u havent thought u could eat or like on days u feel brave and celebrate small victories tc xxxxx pm me anytime

I didnt know you could ring them and fnd ed friendly doctors? first time i have admitted to making excuses bout certain foods driven by fear. Thankyou for your time i feel bit more hopefull now x

i'm not real sure if they could but it may be a good idea i did it when i was in the states and they recommended someone. thats a big step admitting that pat ur self on the back love! god stuff love take care xxx

Archived