Mental Health Forums

Amphetamines For Weight Loss

waterlou25

I have an EDNOS so for longer then I can remember I have been obsessed about food and weight. So, I tend to fluctuate between episodes of restricting, purging or binge eating. Tut tut tut, I know. A few months ago, I sarted smoking during my lunch breaks at work so as not to eat in front of people or just not be tempted. Then, two weeks ago I started using street amphetamines (dextroamphetamine) and they're amazing! Withdrawal/comedown terrible and I will not use often but it keeps me hunger free and energetic for 24 hours. The bad thing is the migraines and insomnia but I enjoy feeling this way, strangely enough haha. I seem to enjoy the comedown just as much as the euphoria. So in 4 days, I've lost 5 pounds and I look like shit but hey to each their own. :rolleyes:

Seeing as I don't have the money for a drug addiction, I've decidedc to limit my consumption to maybe 1 small amphetamine binge a month or 1 huge binge ever month and a half, when I can get some. Rest of the time, I will try not thinking about eating and will only eat if necessary or if I really want something aka menstrual cycle cravings.

I was just wondering if anyone else had used stimulants for weight loss and enjoyed it? Were you able to control your consumtion?

ive never really used amphetamines for weight loss, however i used to use it recreationally, ie when i went clubbing, and then more of a permanent basis . consumption, i started off using very little, tolerances build quite quickly, there are some massive problems with it, - dependence, i found it very addictive and hard to stop using it in the end, - strain on the body, it puts a huge strain on all your organs, mainly heart, liver, kidneys, respiratory system and brain. im not preaching ive been there, still fall back and have binges, but thats me, everyone has choices. which ever one you make take care with itxx

yes i did an ended up with a £200 a week addiction and was ill and psychotic. if im honest if i was still alone (i have a partner now) id still be using. i dont care about being physically ill or even psychotic as long as i am thin...it takes over my life and i hate it

*hugs*

Yes I did too, when I was 22 and ended up totally addicted, 6 stone and a horrible person. Wild mood swings and complete addiction.

Please, please, before you get addicted stop now whilst you can. It is a bad drug, no matter how tempting or good for speedy weight loss. Bad stuff.

My psychiatrist gave me Adderall (dextroamphetamine) for several years. I abused it...and it caused horrible, horrible depression and unbearable anxiety attacks. I'll never take it again.

Sorry, I think I may have got mixed up with this, when you said street drug I assumed you meant the illegal drug speed/bass amphetamines. I am surprised they still make a drug which has this drug in it. I remember reading that in the 60's lot's of women were addicted to a similar drug because it had amphetamines in them.

I was on pure bass (the illegal street drug) which is pure amphetamines. Still, does the same thing just in different strengths I suppose.

I know how tempting this drug is, like someone else said, if I was single, and had no child I would probably take it, purely for my ed. Not good.

I am surprised they have given it to you after being diagnosed EDNOS?

im a comfort eater but when i were young many moons ago i used speed and (dextros) which i got off a friend who had them on script ..... yes they are powerful kept me busy kept my weight down to but also i had some type of stroke and haven't touched them since not street nor script.... you are not eating and taking these drugs there is more of a danger of heart trouble and as toaster said psychosis the freind i used to get my script off still to this day is addicted she has fits ends up in sectioned alot lost her children lost her teeth (cos speed erodes fast) and she is near 50 years old but looks like she is an old lady of 85 years old she can't get a boyfriend and she is totally alone other then her drug mates ...... please its not the way to go it can be life threatening and is very addictive, i have answered to this post i don't think that you don't know what it can do im just saying its true it can and does do these things i have seen it ..... please rethink also this forum is a place of healing and getting better we can not adive you that its a good idea as it is not, i wish you well (((hugs)))

Where did you get this drug from?

I want to try it.

Do I need a prescription?

I'm on Venlafaxine at the moment, which I think has a bit of amphetamine in it but it doesn't really seem to be making a huge difference weight-wise. Perhaps my does isn't high enough.

i understand your desperation unlucky hun ya know what im so glad that you have taken on board what i have said you want to loose weight but not at the risk of your health, that is great news big ((((hugs))) to you hunnie xoxox

I started legal stuff to lose a bit of weight, didn't abuse it, but it did stop me eating and I hit 7 stone. Had a problem with illegal speed 15 years ago, the two combined, seem to have screwed my teeth, have two holes where I grind at night, caused by speed. although i am tempted to try it again to start weight loss, I know the damage it does, I got off lightly, was very lucky and should know better than to even consider it. x

I am surprised they have given it to you after being diagnosed EDNOS?

charlotte, it was suggested to me when i was comin of the speed even tho they knew about my ED...it never transpired i think cuz i just 'stopped' an coped well wiv the withdrawal...so i guess a prescribed drug, where they know the ingredients and side effects is better than a street drug where they dont know wot its bin mixed wif...

Archived