Mental Health Forums

Fantasy World

addy2

I just wondered does anyone else prefer to live in their own world by that i mean i spent alot of time in my own head. When i am driving i am constantly thinking of other things other lives i could have, i do the same at night when i am trying to sleep. I hate it when my kids talk to me and distract me out of it then i feel bad for not being there for them. I just wondered does anyone do this and does anyone know why? I know i prefer it there to the real world.

Hey i notice this happens to me alot when im really stressed i just get carried away into another world, used to happen alot, personally when i notice it starting up again i realise its a sign im finding it hard to cope, sometimes its hard to get out of, its the brains way of helping u cope i think, i dunno but thats wat experience has taught me.... have u noticed this happening at any particular time. incidently i mention this in my thread today in dissociation

emo xx

Hi, i will read your thread, is that what i am doing disassociating? I do alot even if i'm not stressed, but then again life in general stresses me and i find everything too much at times and i just want to hide alot, i am distracted alot i just thought it was me living in my own world.xx

hey i dunno whether fantasising is dissociating, i just know i do it alot and noticed theres a pattern to it. i have d.i.d but doesnt mean u do but hey just thought i wud explain how it is for me.

all the best

i dont think fantasies are a bad thing but for me they are when they start taking over my everyday life and i find it hard to 'bring myself out of them'

emo xxx

It could be just a mixture of the two i know i disassociate if i was really anxious or stressed but in everyday life i just shut of in my own world but i like it there but with the disassocaition i don't like it there as i feel unreal and spaced out.

Thanks for you help.xx

I live in my own world, its a place where people are all nice to each other, the sun smiles and life is good, The problem with this is, i don't/can't let most of my few close friends into it, as they would spoil it for me. So, although it is a good place, it really is only me that lives there. Its not a fantasy really but a retreat. I think this may be a form of disassociation,, but am not sure.

I do know, its not healthy for me, as months go past in the real world, but I hardly notice, That can't be good!

L x

I do it all the time.. Thankfully I don't have a driving license or I'd be a real danger on the roads :)

But seriously it's one of the best ways I know to forget how my life really is.. I cherish every moment in my fantasyworld.

Yeah me too i don't think i could cope if i couldn't go there and no one else is allowed its just for me, maybe thats a bit selfish but i don't care.xx

i think theres liking it and theres getting lost in it, if you can manage to keep it to a time where it shud be thats fine, its when it takes over thats its a problem, like talking out aloud when you shouldnt, getting so wrapped up in it that your not sure if its real or a fantasy dunno maybe its just me...soz just thinking aloud :lol:

I think alot of us have fantasy worlds we drift off to. Whats the harm though, this real world can be pretty damn shitty some times and it can be a relief to get away from it for awhile. I usually drift off to my fantasy world when im listening to music that really affects me, makes it special and more real

i think theres liking it and theres getting lost in it, if you can manage to keep it to a time where it shud be thats fine, its when it takes over thats its a problem, like talking out aloud when you shouldnt, getting so wrapped up in it that your not sure if its real or a fantasy dunno maybe its just me...soz just thinking aloud :lol:

I know what you mean emogirl there is a time and a place, funny you should say that about not getting lost in it, i was in the shop last night looking for washing powder and i was in my head as usual i'm not sure if i spoke out loud or not but the girl working there looked at me funny and asked me was i ok, i was like what? I was confused but anyway i don't know what happened, maybe i need to try and control it more and try and stay in the real world more for longer anyway.xx

I think alot of us have fantasy worlds we drift off to. Whats the harm though, this real world can be pretty damn shitty some times and it can be a relief to get away from it for awhile. I usually drift off to my fantasy world when im listening to music that really affects me, makes it special and more real

Yeah i do it even more if i am listening to music or reading a book i just get in the book its like i'm in the story. I agree this world is shitty its good to have somewhere else to go.xx

Hi

yes mine is usually destructive thoughts about myself, and mostly when i am trying to sleep, but it seems so real.

recently i have been imagining living in this beautiful 5 bed house, close to excellent school, etc, thing is it is partly true, i can have this house, rent free, only have to pay the bills, so i want to make it a reality but atm i have to go into my own little world imaginig the rooms we would all be in etc as my hubby refuses to move into the house, no rush i guess, i can have it when ever i want (parents own it)

no no i dont think ppl understand me,,,,,,theres harmless fantasies then theres getting in them so much they pull you in and u cant get out......

oh shut up emo u talking shite again......told u they wudnt understand

A

They are so real aren't they if i do it when i am falling asleep i wake up confused. I just wondered too is it part of BPD or is it something everyone does? I hope you get your dream house.xx

my world doesn't have the element of fantasy that everyone else seems to experience :-( I can't explain really what I mean, but i do know, my head is either blank or busy thinking about whatever, that I have sat in front of a wood shelf, with a candle burning beneath it, without noticing that a huge hole had appeared and the wood was smoldering. My son doesn't like me going out alone, as I walk in front of cars two or three times aweek if I get out alone, strangely, I have driven all over the uk, parts of europe and usa, almost as many miles as a salesman, but have never had an accident! lol

L x

I'm not sure I understand but that might just be my ´bad english XD

I sometimes have a problem separating fantasy from reality, only for a brief moment but still.

When Im in a bad way it tend to be more frequent, when well less.

But the other thing I experience alot, though it's really got nothing to do with my fantasy world (sorry for wandering of subject)

but I have a real problem sorting memories and experiences. I can't remeber years, dates and such.

It's all a blur and trying to put them in any chronlogical form is a real challenge. It could have happend ten years ago yesterday.

I just don't know.

I do it all the time too especially when watching TV,People will say did you watch whatever was on last night and did u see what happened?I was watching it but i can't remember what happened in the show.i go into a world of my own,I also do it when i am out too but sometimes i don't even realise i am doing it.

When i feel like that i am so distracted as well, i often say i shouldn't be allowed out alone. Sometimes the thoughts are good like having a new life or going on holiday or falling in love or looking perfect, other times they are scary like i fantazie about killing myself what i would use, or i dream about running away and if others would miss me or look for me, i'm just feeling strange now thinking about it.xx

Addy - is that a common "fantasy" you think?

I do also have reoccuring fantasys about my death, funeral and stuff like that.

Often its very violent, not the sort of thing someone would want to fantasies about... right?

Addy - is that a common "fantasy" you think?

I do also have reoccuring fantasys about my death, funeral and stuff like that.

Often its very violent, not the sort of thing someone would want to fantasies about... right?

I don't know if its common or not, mine can be violent too and i also how can i say this without upsetting anyone, sorry if i do. I have been raped in the past and sexually abuse but sometimes i fantaizse about that as well, well i think i do it goes over and over in my head but not in a bad way, maybe i'm just sick in the head. Sorry if i annoyed anyone.

Archived