Mental Health Forums

Let The Fire Die

Cloud12

Hi guys, I think that responding to this certain 'unpleasant' members threads is like putting fuel on a fire. Ignore them and their posts and the fire will eventually die out and go away. The member does not really want help or advice and is spreading bad feeling throughout the site to the people who do deserve help and love. Please ignore this bitter person and focus on people who accept support and value it.

This is my and many other peoples sanctuary, I will not stand for certain people poisoning it and driving others away. This person knows who they are and unless they can change their ways and become a better person then they would do best to leave and take their cancer of upset with them. This site is special to me and they cannot be allowed to pollute it any longer.

I am a forgiving person and always believe in second chances, if this person cud change their ways and stop being a total and utter bastard then we will always gladly help.

Im just sayin what a lot of people feel....This negativity has to be stopped.

I have observed this persons posts and not entered them because I have discovered a pattern in their responses. When this person is given advice they have a number of ways they reply: 1) They ignore the advice 2) They rubbish it and belittle the person 3) They give a nasty dismissive response (common)

They are on a website for help and support yet when they are given it they show no appreciation and stamp on it. My blood is boiling when I see the upset and hurt this person spreads. I wud hate to see people driven off because of one bad apple.

You're right and you have me on board.

This person probably won't get to read this since this person only reads his/her own threads and is not interested in relationships with others on this forum, or help, or helping others.

I'm with ya all the way in letting this person have a nice convo with his/herself in his/her own threads. After all, his/her primary focus is himself/herself

Michael.

I am sick of it, but apparently this person 'has done nothing wrong'

If they want to come on here and upset people, the best thing ppl can do, is IGNORE!

By replying all the time, it just add fuel the fire!!

People are choosing to let this person upset them by not blocking him!!

I think this person thrieves on the attention they are getting...look at the number of replies they have got, all people tryin to help and all ignored and abused.

Help the people who really want helpin, let the fire burn out and lets bring back some peace and tranquility to this site. I like it here and it genuienly does pain me to see others being hurt by this individual

But mate aint this post just givin them more attention? Just sayin

Aaron

I'd have to disagree Aaron, im tryin to highlight the problem of people DIRECTLY givin this person attention. This post had to be made because many people r gettin upset and in pain because of this person. Maybe this post is a nessecary evil to accomplish good. Hopefully this person or the moderators will take some action to stop the cancer spreading.

When members start to harm themselves because of this person I cannot sit back and not try to help in some way.

I am hopin and praying that a positive resolution comes from this post

I agree with Cloud.

This isnt giving the person any attention since the person will most likely never read or respond here!

Also if you read said thread you will see a well written post by Arrakis that very wisely sums it all up and makes me feel ultra guilty.

I was also real upset to read of a person self harming over those threads. Yeah we are responsible for what we do but that goes both ways. And it also goes for me.

So, I will openly apologize for being a bully and adding fuel to an already blazing fire. :mad0233:

Nuf said. When it comes to reading those particular threads, I'm gunna sit on my hands!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael

It's so bloody hard to sit on my hands but Arrakis is doing a top job of handing this.

Michael

I've kept out of any conflict, I'm not that type of person. However others inside like to stir things up so we've tried keeping things inside. Khouri has done her best to provide a bit of support. There are a couple of threads now about the conflict, and I personally feel its a couple of threads too many.

Amelia x

I didn't realise there was other threads about this person. I just thought it was an issue which needed addressin as people are being upset and even harming themselves due to this person. People are leaving now as well, a vulnerable person appears to have left the site today because of the hurt she felt from this person. I do not know if she will come back and I worry for her safety like many others on the site, she is fragile and this person has done her damage.

U shud be able to come here to get away from the bullshit and pain of the real world, This island is off limits to the pricks, assholes and other horrible people out there

Hi Cloud,

I understand the premise of this thread and i appreciate that you are looking out for everyone.

But by posting threads like this, you are very much keeping the fire alive.

Aurora :)

Hi Cloud,

I understand the premise of this thread and i appreciate that you are looking out for everyone.

Sorry Aurora, That was not my intention, I will make no more comments or posts on the subject. Is there a way to delete this thread or lock it then? I was only trying to help but I understand what u mean, just know that I was trying to look out for vulnerable people.

Thats it, im finished with this subject and hope a few points got across *pulls down shutter*

P.S. Im not angry at u just in case this cud be misinterpreted :) :lol:

Hi Cloud,

Sorry Aurora, That was not my intention, I will make no more comments or posts on the subject. Is there a way to delete this thread or lock it then? I was only trying to help but I understand what u mean, just know that I was trying to look out for vulnerable people.

Thats it, im finished with this subject and hope a few points got across *pulls down shutter*

P.S. Im not angry at u just in case this cud be misinterpreted :):lol:

No problem.

Lets all try and put this situation behind us.

Archived