Mental Health Forums

Will It Ever Get Better?

Pink stars

I am feeling so utterly low and depressed

I'm scared that I'm never going to get better, scared that this is how it will be for me forever.

I can't remember who I was, I don't recognise myself anymore. What if I never can be who I was again?

It was a reliefe to get the diagnosis of depression as I didn't know what was going on but it's also very scary.

I don't know how to even begin to get better, I feel on such a downward spiral.

I know those feelings all too well. I can't tell you that they will ever go away, because I haven't experienced that, and I doubt I ever will. But maybe, in the future, you will learn how to deal with those feelings. Hopefully get a little control over them as well.

xx

I completely understand how you feel. It is very much a matter of taking it one day, one hour, one minute at a time and making sure you develop a support system that helps on the really bad days.

Hey lovely I'm sorry to hear you're struggling, you can get better hun I'm sure of it, you're strong you just don't always see it yourself bigarmhug[1].gif Always here if you need to talk or anything, just text :) xxx

hugs hun,

i am sure u will get there it will just take time.

if there is anything inparticular that triggers your depression like work can u look for another job that would make u happy etc

love cad

It may not seem like it, but we do and can get there with depression, and find ways of coping to get us through a day.. But when your in middle off it all, can be very had to see a way out. I don't think depression will ever entirely leave me but I find ways of just getting through a day when its about. (((( pink )))) x

I've been wondering the same thing myself the last few weeks. I can't imagine it will ever go away because it's like there is SO much of it, and not enough of me to feel it all, so it will just keep coming.

I hope it does go away. (((PinkStars)))

I wonder that too, i dont think i've ever got completely better yet but it does get easier to deal with and there will be times when you feel so much better than this. I feel so depressed atm but i am able to do things i wasnt able to do the first time i was depressed, i am out of bed, i am trying to help ppl on this site, i am talking, i even left the house twice today. when i first got depressed i had less reason to be depressed but that was still the worst time

((((((pink))))) you can fight this xxx

Archived