Mental Health Forums

Valentines 2011

Dibley

"I don't celebrate any Hallmark occasions." :lol: very true ...

but saying that I am a romantic and we do celebrate Valentine's Day. Hubby and I still tell each other that we love each other just about every day but we take this day to make an extra fuss of each other. We are going to spend it at home this year - cook a nice meal and watch a DVD and just generally be all lovey dovey! :wub:

Hi Headhurts - are you able to say what website you found the wine thing on? Could be handy for a upcoming mates b'day

We don't tend to do anything because like others have said i don't need a specific date to tell my fella I love him etc but then I always feel guitly if I don't do anything so I tend to cook him some random pasta meal. Not sure why I feel guilty though because it's not like he's expecting anything...ho hum

www.personalisedwinelabels.co.uk

As Cats says, I tell my partner I love him everyday, I leave him notes, I'll buy him cards.

Valentines is just another day to do it, it's just special.

i love valenines day, its the only holiday i dont have bad memeorys about. have no specific plans though, me and boyf spoil each other allways so its jst another cute excuse to do so, cuddles and chocy will do me fine

God i sound like a cynical fucker on readin back on what i wrote - but i was in a terrible humour last night.

I didn't mean to piss on anyones parade...

fair play to those of you who do enjoy it!!! :inlove3: hugs all xxx a.m.

ACK! I'm torn about Valentine's Day.

I hate it, actually hate it, just the same as any other day that it is demanded of us to express how we feel, whether that's hearing the phrase "I love you" repeatedly & being showered with rose petals until your head bursts or spending hour upon hour driving yourself insane as you cut, fold, wrap, stick, ribbon, bow, label present after present after present for that whiney bogey-covered rat-child hybrid who's mum once said "hello" to you in the street.......

*walks away from comp to give myself a hug and waits for the steam to stop pouring out my ears*

....can't think of anything else to add. I just do not like being forced to buy cards/gifts/whatever to show how i feel, what i think on a particular date, simply so some corporate asshole gets more £ in his already-heaving bank account.

But, who knows?! Maybe this year will be nice, seeing as I get to spend it with the guy I'm completely and utterly in love with, and all that mushy stuff. *starts handing round the sick-bags*

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I shall be turning off the TV, not reading the paper or subjecting myself to any other kind of media brainwash, designed to make me overdrawn and self-conscious. :P

:D

XXX

I am sending out cards to lovers and a few friends, that is if I can get myself together in time to do all those and treats too, wouldn't be Valentine's without chocolate and sweets.

Here i am, back on this thread again.

I have no one that i even remotely fancy or like in that way, male or female.

I kinda wish i had a crush, It's a nice distraction,I have friends and they are great!, but it would be fun to 'fancy' someone again.I def need to get out a bit more...

(for me i think it's tied up with self-esteem-"why would anyone want to be with a loser like me". )

Was ruminating on this yesterday and ended up deciding to go back to my councellor as i have so many issues about relationships. So just to thank this thread for making me do that :) xxx a.m

Has anyone ever sent a man flowers, or is it just not right to do that?

I have on a couple of occasions, one was roses in a huge OTT vase to his work, he loved it, meaning loved that everyone to see he was loved it made me smile, it looked something like this.

Has anyone ever sent a man flowers, or is it just not right to do that?

i would love to send some flowers to a guy...but i dont have his address.

i dont think theres anything wrong with sending flowers to a man.im romantic...so would be nice :-) x

Archived