Mental Health Forums

Being Taken Seriously

lauraw2693

Finally! I actually had a good appointment with my support worker this morning, I explained more what happens when I lose time and why it's such a worry to me right now.. and also why I don't feel I can explain this to my cpn (she actually said herself I'm not surprised because she hasn't given you consistent support - saved me saying it!) She said she would talk to my cpn for me about it and see if she could push finding out about my assessment forward because I'm potentially a danger to myself. She actually seemed worried which I don't like but at least it means she's taking it seriously..

I told her about my therapist ending things suddenly yesterday as well which she said was completely unprofessional and I should write down how it made me feel to send in, not sure about that yet but then I don't want her messing anyone else round like that, they need to know I guess :unsure:

I think it's the first time in AGES I actually feel listened to!! (I mean professionals, not on here of course ^_^) Thank you everyone who's been supporting me recently, I would have found the last few months impossible to get through without friends like I have on here -_-

Feels nice to post in this section for a change :rolleyes:

Thank you ^_^ Feels so nice for something to actually go well for a change, absolutely terrified about what's next but I'm going to try and keep these good feelings for today at least -_- xx

Yes, my cpn has basically threatened to take her away, I think she's annoyed I now talk to my support worker more than her but it's her own fault she's not been there - support worker said she'll see me as long/often as I need though so I'm trying to listen to her ^_^ and thanks xx

Im so happy for you shadow, yes it makes all the difference when ppl actually listen to u and at last theres some head way for you. BRILL

keep us updated

Happy Emo xxx

your support worker sounds great, its so good feeling like ppl are listening to you and taking you seriously coz so many ppl don't for whatever reason. i hope she continues to be supportive and that your cpn doesnt cause any more problems. It must be so good having your support worker on your side, when someone like your cpn is unprofessional it can be hard when its your word against theres but when its your word and your support workers word that must be so helpful

being listened too and taken seriously can help so much, even if they cant do much to change situations just having that support and care means so much. i wish some of the people i work with wd get that through their thick heads!!!!

really happy for you, tgcx

Thanks, yes definitely Emma it feels like someone is on my side for once - I know they're all there to help really but it just doesn't feel like it sometimes, I don't know whether its my paranoia or my cpn just being useless or a mixture of both but it really feels like she's trying to make me worse/play mind games sometimes. And yes you're right Roxy, she can't do that much apart from talk to my cpn on my behalf but even that right now is more than enough because I don't feel strong enough to do it myself and really need to let her know whats going on :unsure: Hugs xx

shadow.

if your CPN is onyl half as uselss as the ones i have been dealing with they are outright terrible

how cna they justfy threatening toi take away something which helps you? because it somjow makes them look as bad as they realy are no doubt and are being childish about it

Yeah that's exactly it Paul, she took 8 weeks off and then another 6-7 last year so I found it hard to trust her because I thought she'd just leave again if I did and shes just useless in other ways and lies too, I think she has realised that my support worker is helping more and she's trying to take back control.. Just taking away that support will do more harm than good right now, that's what she can't see. It just worries me because she actually has the power to do that I think <_<

yes but dont be nice about it. be downright nasty about how you feel to hammer the point home and get the other person to write a letter to the effect.

nicy nicy doesnt work with them for some reason. probably cause it measn your "ok" where as emotion means your not,

Thats probably true cuz I can't help but be nice and they seem to think I'm doing really well right now <_< Being forceful is not my strong point unfortunately :blink:

Archived