Mental Health Forums

Art In Crisis

sanctuary

More expression really... can't put into words all the chaos so have found a pencil and paper like a child again and ya know what.... I FEEL BETTER for getting something that means something to me for reference later on....... as many of you here will know, our minds are really very very active and words are sometimes simply not enough. We need visuals!!!!

(((arty hugs to all from no artist lol)))

thanks wynter xx i love me owl.... it was there with me through some hard nights....and the paths that you can take when your in darkness are so daunting, but i'm on the happy side now.... spinning in the universe knowing what I see is real no matter who tells me otherwise. xxx

walker, i take that as a compliment on one condition, you take compliments from me too in the same manner... your love of nature is testiment to my philosophy that good people exist. There, there's my compliment to you. xxx

That's so true, and the paths have no name, you don't know where you're going or where you will end up.

Really inspirational, and very well drawn :D

xxxx

btw walker.... much as i may appear to have the skills to 'do this'.. all I was consciously 'doing' was averting the need to self harm. I would willingly hand over my skills in swap for a happy life x

More expression really... can't put into words all the chaos so have found a pencil and paper like a child again and ya know what.... I FEEL BETTER for getting something that means something to me for reference later on....... as many of you here will know, our minds are really very very active and words are sometimes simply not enough. We need visuals!!!!

(((arty hugs to all from no artist lol)))

Nice image.

Glad you have found a way to express without words.

x

walkers child is evil and jsealous

wlker was trying to say good things trying to shut the jealous evil bitch up

she said it as she meant that you cna ddraw well and she cna see that she didnt say it to be your mother or to hurt you she is well aware of how you see her ansd she cant avoid what she is as you cant avoid what you are

but

she said it to show support

it is so intolerably hard thing for her to do sometimes it is easy sometimes totally impossible but there is a 47 yr old woman somewhere who thinks it is good and meant it and if you can see past all the evil shit inside her then maybe you can accept it as she tried so hard for it to be meant

she also had endless abundant never ending criticism from parent and hub and own head

it is so intense it cripples

we are sorry from heart if it was taken wrong

we are not your mother and we actually tried to do the right thing

emotions are wrong and emotional expression is wrong according to the parenting of my parents.... well, not really, but just enough conditional upon them being entertained by it so any music I played as a child or any meals I cooked, or any drawings I drew, all had to be pleasing to her..... it made a mockery of my expression because I became the performing clown for my mum, only allowed to express happiness. Never ever allowed to express the reality of life in all its diversity.

And my father is a manic depressive, though he doesn't know it. His deep depressions and glooms linger behind his twinkling eyes... he knows of suffering, I see it..... yet interestingly, my mother has banned him from putting a picture up on the wall because it's too depressing.....a picture my father LOVES..... she represses not just me, but also him too I know. Her fear of darkness prevents her from ever truly knowing her own child (me). I just need to find better ways to express myself.... words don't do me justice anymore :(

Hey Sanct,

really like the image hun :masked:

It's good to get this stuff out in any manner possible, as you know i also do images wid pencils to get it all out. (Find pencil more tactile to work with, feeling the different scrapes on the paper to create an image)

x

yes silverwolf, the sensation of pencil on paper/canvas whatever.... the scratching noise.... it really helped me to relax.... never realised something so simple could bring so much peace to my soul xxx

I found art therapy was the key to my healing.It brought the stuff that I didnt want to talk about out into the light.To be seen, sometimes in hidden messages or symbols - sometimes with an openness that was clear and honest.

Its something I dont do often enough.

Thank you Sanc for reminding me of something so important to me.

Art Therapy doesn't need talent, but it does need courage.

For some, perhaps not today, but someday, I hope they reach the moment.

Archived