Mental Health Forums

:-(

mhair

feeling like a no one, have no friends, im in an empty place :(

he told me i cant be me have to comprimise wtf ?? let her be who she wants cos shes an adult FFofff Therapist man :angry:

(((((Mhair)))))

just wanted to let you know i read this and feel for you.

I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you both

x

im not allowed an opinion i might as well be gone :(

everybody has a right to an opinion you're no exeption

if you need 2 talk i'll be here for a little while longer

hugs

lw

im not allowed an opinion i might as well be gone :(

everybody has a right to an opinion you're no exeption

if you need 2 talk i'll be here for a little while longer

hugs

lw

ta lw xx

i want to wear what i want to wear and listen to music i want but im not allowed, stupid man spoke to me like im an idiot

edit...keep forgetting to put my name

andy

Not from me mate - I'm c**p at remembering names anyway :D

It is never nice when people talk to you like your an idiot. :bigarmhug[1]:

Hey Andy I get that too.

Want you to kno you got a friend in me and I won't ever tell ya to go south or talk own to ya!

Thing with T's is they don't know what it's like to be an insider cuz they are book learnt and not experience learnt.

Wht I do is........ get even!

<drum roll>

I talk about them in the third person when they are the only one in the room

eg. Sarah often says we should do abc, If Sarah is here talking to me it must mean it's theapy time

also take a note book with you and when they say somthing make notes like it's a light bulb moment.

or I crack some joke about single personality disorder

OR I tell them to think outside the square.

OR offer them therapy.

then again that's probs bad advice. I'm a bit of a sacastic bastard sometimes. It's jus how I have dealt with it in the past. I've found that I have to laff it off or it becoms a source of suffering.

Thing is, only you and yours has a right to tell ya how to compromise and wht to compromise with!

Such as, things like hair length and style needs to be sorted from inside and he primary personality gets the major choice on that. Same with tats or anyting life changing, or long term.

Things like clothes when you are out, those ya can be more free on if you choose to since they aint permanent or long term.

I think what he means by compromise is since you share a body you gotta share decisions and discuss stuff befor you act. It's like sharing a house. Can't just go paint th walls pink with out discussing it first.

Do you guys have co consiousness?

N E ways,

Here if ya need to talk. I get similiar probs but over time we've learnt to work somewhat around it.

Michael.

Andy,

We get your frustrations, its extremely difficult especially when there is more than a few of you.

But your thoughts/feelings/opinions also show your individuality, not just how you appear on the outside.

Be proud of who you are and sod those try to make you feel otherwise. But also remember you are part of a whole, and compromises do need to be made nontheless.

Christine x

thanks ppl

yeah we do have co consiousness well most the time, i guess i just wanna be me. stuff them.

feel like they not listening to me, he just upset me saying why hadnt i grown up, i dunno do i, iam who iam.

andy xx

Hey dude, can ya find a space where you can be you?

Like here, you can be you.

If you have an inside room you can be you there.

I like playing adventure games like Everquest, I can be me there.

or even just a couple of hours at home alone where you can do your own thing, listen to your own music and chill out etc.

Don't matter what some shrink says. You will always be you and there is no changing it.

Michael.

Hey dude, can ya find a space where you can be you?

Like here, you can be you.

If you have an inside room you can be you there.

I like playing adventure games like Everquest, I can be me there.

or even just a couple of hours at home alone where you can do your own thing, listen to your own music and chill out etc.

Don't matter what some shrink says. You will always be you and there is no changing it.

Michael.

yeah i get to listen to my own music hehe......emo knows i want to listen to my music and she lets me, she likes all music anayway shes cool lol

the reason alters are not grown up is cuz often they re stuck in the age of the original abuse. Sometimes alters grow if they take on new abuse and move tothe age of that abuse. Most of the time they do not though.

If this shrink don't know that then he is not qualified to treat you. Ask him for a referral to a more competant professional who specialized in DID.

Michael.

hes come home wants her to go bed.....yes i said sounding like her, but nah nah i gets my way lol im staying up a bit longer :lol:

hes not a shrink, hes a therapist wants to know why i havent grown up, but emo said well why u saying that cos you could say that about all the others.....hmmmmm he said good point.........that shocked him hehe

Pyscologist, Therapist, counseller, psychiatrist... they are all just shrinks to me.

Michael.

Archived