Mental Health Forums

Buddha And The Borderline

sanctuary

ohh i have this book.

I think i will stop procrastinatin and just start it tonight as my concentration is coming back, i was able to watch a film earlier an thats a good sign.

Hope you are ok, xxx kitteh.

I saw that when looking up Buddhism books a few weeks back should probably read it, considering I'm a Buddhist and 99% sure I'm Borderline too!

Do you think it's good read so far?

it is incredibly close to the knuckle, funny too and i havent felt like buying a book immediately like this for a long long time x

kitteh enjoy the read.... it looks very promising indeed and so true... nods head to thing after thing she explains.... hope i dont follow and become buddhist personality disorder lol... though i would rather that than borderline neurosis!!! xxx

Havent read the book, but am following the buddhist path (though don't consider myself a buddhist - maybe I am one by default) and finding it really does perform as advertised. Its not so much a set of ideals to try and apply, or a set of techniques that make you feel better. It actually seems to change your relationship to things and feelings, changes something very deep and core about how you see your own emotions and even everything around you.

I didnt personally realise that Buddha was just a guy - I assumed he was 'God'. It was quite refreshing to find out he was just a bloke who sat down and figured out how to end suffering, and then wanted to tell everyone :)

Archived