Mental Health Forums

Medicals - Really Efing Angry

hummm_mabbe

This is horrible Ross,

so sorry for you and all others that this new system will affect.

Sounds like a really stupid way of doing things they have.

Sending extra snurgles for you hun :grouphug[1]:

x

Hi there

Yes it is a stupid system, and so far I have not even found an actual member of the benefits office that has a good word to say about it. Its like the elephant in the room :wacko:

Thank you for the snuggles, is appreciated :)

Sounds like the typical situation then, of the guys at the top making these stupid decisions that affect peeps, but not taking on board what the peeps on the ground - who do this stuff on a daily basis - have to say!

Beurocracy gone mad :mad0233:

as ussual!

you're welcome to snurgles anytime hun

x

hi Ross

get welfare rights to help. i lost my appeal because i wrote my appeal myself last time but won tribunal with welfare rights help, they know the "correct phrasing" to use

good luck

cad

hi Ross

get welfare rights to help. i lost my appeal because i wrote my appeal myself last time but won tribunal with welfare rights help, they know the "correct phrasing" to use

good luck

cad

Oh ok cool. Do they have a website? **googles** :)

EDIT: Found them, will give them a call tomorrow, ta very much!

Appeal appeal appeal!!!!!!!!!!! Go to your local CAB or Mind to help you with the tribunial. How can they judge from a 20 minute interview how things are, these ATOS people are a joke!!!

Appeal appeal appeal!!!!!!!!!!! Go to your local CAB or Mind to help you with the tribunial. How can they judge from a 20 minute interview how things are, these ATOS people are a joke!!!

Hi there

Thanks for the support :)

Lol exactly, though it seems this is a nationwide problem. I read an article that said only 6% of applicants are actually getting the full ESA, with about 80% of people being denied it and the remainder going into "working group" or something similar.

Anyways, today I have given a letter to my doc asking if she will write a letter of support, my T has said she will as well. Going to contact Welfare Rights as well and see what they say, may also give CAB a go.

Taking positive action :)

I requested a full copy of my medical report from my ATOS medical (failed of course) it stated that "patient was not rocking back and forth therefore displays no symptoms of anxiety" !!!!! Also the doc stated that I "had no thoughts of suicide or self harm" I almost choked when I read it and my G.P was amazed how wrong and incompetant these people are, Still the appeal goes on and I do voluntary work which allows me to choose when I go in and gives me a sense of purpose

Archived