Mental Health Forums

Tit For Tat

roxy222

its compleately out of order

this is not a primary school, ALL people are responsible for what they say regardless of how wound up they feel

you can not have a go a someone for claiming their rule breaking is a result of being pushed by you guys then be similarly bitchy back and claim its cause youv been pushed by that person, thats hypocritical and childish tit for tat

i undertsnad feeling frustrated, feeling unheard and feeling angry or passionate or triggered, theres plenty of times iv came across agressively for those reasons and realised in hindsight how unhelpful that is, but iv never taken underhand blows just to get back at someone, and for so many people to claim its that persons fault is out of order. ofcourse people react badly in the moment, but afterwards you cant continue to stick your heads in the sand and claim its not your fault.

grow up.

iv felt all kinds of angry and frustrated and hurt by behaviour here over the yrs (my own included), but iv never felt this disgusted or disappointed iby how people here are behaving.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I probably shouldn't chime into this one since I'm a classic example of someone who simply reacts.

Dragon.

just one point

whether its alters or whoever - everyone is resplonsible

we know this

but

sometimes

we CANT act grown up

sometimes inside loses all contact with any 'grownupness' and is consumed by a small childs emotions in overwhelming proportions

and it is a major major major struggle to stop it bursting out in rl or all over the forum and sometimes it just does

there is no way to be 'grownup' at those times, it is simply not something we can access at all

all we can do is apologise and accept responsibility afterwards

or try try try not to say/type anything

just one point

whether its alters or whoever - everyone is resplonsible

we know this

but

sometimes

we CANT act grown up

sometimes inside loses all contact with any 'grownupness' and is consumed by a small childs emotions in overwhelming proportions

and it is a major major major struggle to stop it bursting out in rl or all over the forum and sometimes it just does

there is no way to be 'grownup' at those times, it is simply not something we can access at all

all we can do is apologise and accept responsibility afterwards

or try try try not to say/type anything

yes i appriciate that walker, thats why im saying that people shd be responsible afetrwards. and sweety i dont think iv ever seen you be anything other than utterly lovely to everyone on here, even when you are struggling yourself, you're a gem

tc

Me I think and I've already appolgised for innapropriate behavior on another thread and in PM's.

WP

i disagree. saying i apologuise then justifying behaviour invalidates an apology

Roxy, I don't see why you don't just leave this and move on. Everyone else has.

because i feel hurt and will say so if i feel its necessary. and i v much doubt everyone has moved on, seeing as the same pattern kept on replaying itself time and time again. these issues effect the whole forum, not just those directly involved. if i want to speak about the group menatlity of this i will

And thats your right as a person. But why continue all this when the thread has been locked so everyone has the time to cool off? Aren't you just adding to the fire?

but justifying your feeling hurt

is no different to others justifying their pain and reasons for lashing out

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

walker is going to sit on her hands or she is going to regress very rapidly

It wasn't actually justified. It was stated that it was still the wrong thing to do despite the reasons. Also, as you stated above, people can do things in the heat of a moment and in anger. None are infallible. I can post the PM here. I have read it. It was put in PM for a reason.

Not once has there been a personal attack issues in the other direction except for the one thing that WP did and then later regretted and deleted.

so can we move along? I'm so very over this.

Dragon.

And thats your right as a person. But why continue all this when the thread has been locked so everyone has the time to cool off? Aren't you just adding to the fire?

appriciate your point but i feel glossing over such an issue would be negligent, and allow it to continue again and again

Thats you though. Others will react differently, don't you think? Esp since we are all so very different.

You've said your bit, thats your right. But when everyone else tries to say their bit and not everyone agrees then that becomes the problem I think.

the problem is a thread that is deliberatly to have a go at someone over something said in private. Why not take the issue there rather than here?

Dragon

(reply to ha) and thats when people need to be responsible for themselves, instead of blaming everything on reacting to someone else, which was my original point

the problem is a thread that is deliberatly to have a go at someone over something said in private. Why not take the issue there rather than here?

Dragon

no its not, its about how many people publicly behaved, and about the group mentality behind that

Roxy, I'll support you in this. Although I am probably thinking of a different conflict, but the same applies.

At the moment, it does feel as is the forum is having difficulty with conflict, I see you mention gang mentality, and agree I have seen it too.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but its worth thinking about what part each of us play in it, and what resolutions we are looking for.

Archived