Mental Health Forums

Life After Dbt

den

Hi

I'm currently going through DBT which is due to end in October and my therapist and I have started thinking about when that happens, which is really scary and is worrying me.

I was wondering if any one else has been through and finished DBT? I'm wondering if you got any lasting success from it? Did you cope afterwards? Did you still feel able to use the skills? Do you still get any support?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just a bit confused!

Den xxx

Hi Den. I can't actually answer your guestion as I am waiting to start DBT. possibly by October. They suggested I do some stuff while I'm waiting and in looking for additional support to see me through I found an online DBT group which is actually aimed at people who have done some DBT and want tome moral / peer support to keep on using and developing the skills. Its a yahoo group called dbt class if you want to search it. You have to apply to join and there is a weekly dbt skill based assignment which you put in and get feedback on from the group moderators.

I am finding it a bit hard as some of the skills are completely alien to me, however, I reckon if I was doing this after I did DBT for real it'd be really helpful in reminding me apply and use the skills gained. Its based on the work books you are probably using already.

Hope that helps.

Thanks very much Shadow girl, that sounds like a really useful suggestion, I'll have a look at that :D

I hope you get started with your DBT soon and that it's helpful for you

Den xxx

Archived