Mental Health Forums

Telephone Assessment.

Dibley

Just had my telephone assessment. I don't think it went well, I don't know. How do you know if it went well. I felt she wasn't listening, she kept repeating herself. I wanted to tell her more, tell her about everything, she was just more concerned about my boyfriend which she already had notes on.

I didn't want to tell her much, she lives in the same town, she could know his ex, and mention to her that I'm crazy and all the things I do. I tried to swerve away from that but she kept bringing me back.

How do I know she isn't friends with her? It's driving me mad now. Why didn't I think of this before? Why didn't I realise? I'm so stupid. I should know that not everyone is a loner and that most people have friends. She could be friends with her. Oh my god, she even wanted to know my boyfriends name, and I gave it!

Writing this has made realise just how stupid I have just been. What a bloody idiot. I'm stressing, worrying and feeling very paranoid and scared that I've just a made a big mistake.

Thank you for replying.

Yes there is but she will still know about me, and if she's had a drink she might just let it slip. It's really stressing me out. I don't know know what to do. I've not stopped crying since I hung up and realised what I've done.

Hun, there is a confidentiality thing, and even if she does know her she can't go round talking about it.

I tried to swerve away from that but she kept bringing me back.

The reason she was probably doing this was because she could obviously tell something was wrong,

and they will always bring you round to thing you don't want to talk about 'cos that is what counselling is about

:hug2:

xx

What was the telephone assessment for? (sorry, I'm not fully aware of your situation).

I wouldn't worry too much, she will be bound by confidentiality. You could maybe voice your concerns with someone else?

it can't happen, a professional in a position of trust, really can not discuss people she works with outside of the office.

I worked for social services, during training, it was drummed into us that confidentiality means what it says. If she repeated anything you said, she would lose her job!!!!!!!!!

The reasons would go on her employment record and she would never be able to work in the field she has trained for.

I understand why you feel the way you do, but this really is your worse fears coming the fore, they are not based on the reality of the situation. Please try and put this in perspective, this women is doing a job, when her day finishes, she will go home, put her feet up and turn on the tv. If her mates come round for a coffee, she is not going to be dwelling on or chatting about your problems, when hers are so much more important to her!

L x

ditto to lucyLoo's point. I used to work in the stautory sector and you just don't do it. Confidentiality is a high prioity and disregarding it is gross misconduct - a sackable thing. try not to worry.

What was the telephone assessment for? (sorry, I'm not fully aware of your situation).

I wouldn't worry too much, she will be bound by confidentiality. You could maybe voice your concerns with someone else?

It is to see what kind of therapy I need.

Thank you everyone for answering me.

I know she can't tell anyone, I'm just really paranoid. My boyfriends ex is a real bitch, she gets any kind of information she'll use it to her advantage, when I am trying to get her out of our lives. The chance she might know her is enough. It's really made me feel anxious.

Archived