Mental Health Forums

No Sertraline

TizzyGirl

I'm on my second day of not having sertraline. So far feeling no different.

Apparently they are having production problems so they aren't getting supplies out.

:(

hope they get the problems sorted soon. ((((angel)))) a few days hopfully shouldnt make a diff. ive ran ouf my my meds too (forgot to get repeat scrip in). so in same boat at mo.

I hope they get the production problems sorted out soon. I've had the same trouble recently with my anti-p and migraine meds - I wonder what's going on? Can they get you an emergency supply from somewhere - the hospital must have some? xx

The pharmacy recommended talking to the p.doc about getting a change of meds because its unlikely they will get any in until mid week next week. grrr. Can't actually cope with a change in meds right now, already low enough

Hope they get it sorted - I seem to get terrible withdrawal if I end up coming of my sertraline 'cold turkey' after a few days (headaches, nausea etc) - but I am on the top dose and ahve been on it for years. Fingers crossed you don't get any symptoms and they get your meds to you soonxx

Hiya Hidden Angel,

Sertraline has gone generic for 5 yrs , can you not ask around at other pharmacies locally to see if they have stock, as it is marketed by a few companies not just pfizer.

Hope you don't get any of the withdrawl symptoms. If you do, could you go to your dr and ask if another SSRI would do in the interim? (Prozac always worked for me when i ran out of ssri/ snri 's before. Stopped the dizzys.

Take care xxx kitteh

That's what they said to me. The chemist told me that when I get my pills to put repeat prescription in straight, and that Sertraline are very hard to get hold of.

there seems to be a manufacturing problem with it at the moment.

it happens with a lot of drugs.

if it is going to be long term(manufacturing issues can last for months) then

look into getting an alternative.xx

Doc did some ringing around... and finally someone has it. I now need to go down to the docs to get prescription and then drive all the way across town to get the meds

If you are on the 100mg tablets then there is definitely a way of getting hold of it...they can give you the brand lustral without worrying about losing out on profits etc. I guess you could even resort to getting the doctors to prescribe 100mg and then cut them in half. It is certainly preferable to changing meds!

I'm in the UK so we have the NHS. I also get my medication paid for anyway.

I've been on 200mg for a year so to have this drop wasn't ideal! Luckily have them back now. I can't say they are actually doing much since I OD'd a few weeks ago

Archived