Mental Health Forums

Am I Becoming Anorexic?

bpdbella

So i'm confused about something. For the last four years i have had trouble with my relationship with food.

I can fast for about 4 days at a time. And then when i eat i binge. I am constantly weighing myself.

Does this make me anorexic

That is such a hard question to answer. The term anorexia nervosa has very specific guidelines, BMI below 17.5, no periods etc, and if you meet the criteria then yes, otherwise you are lumped into the very broad category of EDNOS.

Really it shouldn't matter what you are, a poor relationship with food is bad either way, and I hope you find support both in and out of this community.

I agree with whiterainbow.

I don't know what the guidelines are for annorexia, but it does sound like some sort of eating problem. If you are able to, its best to seek professional help before things become a worse problem, especially since it can affect your health and the longer you leave it the harder it gets.

We're here to support you any way we can.

I used to be like you. I wish somebody had noticed back then that I needed help. The doctor thought it was nothing to worry about. Now I don't eat unless it's junk food. And I'm obese. And I hate myself so much.

Be brave. Don't end up in this trap. An eating disorder doesn't even guarantee you'll end up thin.

Whatever the specific diagnoses might be this is obviously a problem youre having,I hope youll seek help with it,these things tend to get worse not better untreated.

Lilly

Thanks everybody.

I'd go to my doctor but i know they won't do anything. Which sucks. They dont offer me anything with my other problems. And they prescibed me tablets today that worsen your mental health. great huh.

Archived