Mental Health Forums

I Had A Great Meeting

Kiwi

My financial circumstances have become pretty dire - I've been unemployed since September and I can't claim the unemployment benefit because I have a student visa which means I cannot search for employment in France. I've been living on money I saved from teaching English last year but it wasn't going to last until the end of my PhD.

I went and saw the social service at the University today to see if they could help me out at all. AND they will pay my rent for the next 4 months and pay for my food :)!! YAY! Because I live in a student halls they will just directly credit my housing account and load up my student card with money to buy food at the restaurant. So this has taken a huge load off me and put a smile on my face which had disappeared for a long time! Pays to ask for help from all sources - I'd had no luck through other avenues to acquire funding and this was my last shot and YAY I'm not going to be homeless or foodless :)

thats great news! I am so glad your uni is so supportive, hopefully now you can really enjoy your course and worry a lot less. it must be so good to know they want you to study with them so much xxx

Archived