Mental Health Forums

I Dont Really Know What To Do Anymore

pinkangel1983

i dont really know what to do anymore or even where to start. ive always seen myself as fat and hideous for most of my life that i can recall and my weight has always flucuated depending on my mood if u like at the time. since my teens ive had "episodes" (i dont know what else to call them) of where the thoughts have taken over and i either dont eat at all for 3-4days at a time or sit and gorge myself and feel so bad that i go straight to the bathroom and stick a toothbrush down my throat to make myself vomit. during these episodes i can go from a size 14 down to a size 8-10 and then i even out for a little while. i used to only be like this every once in a while but now ive been doing this constantly for months now and i cant help myself from doing it. my friends and family all drop in comments about it but i think its to see what im going to say but i just pretend ive not heard them.

these thoughts and my behaviour is starting to take over my normal life. im always so tired and yukky feeling and shut myself away in my bedroom for days on end and just either stare into space or cry for no reason. most people would think this a blessing but i only have a period every few months now so even that is doing wot its supposed to aarrgggghhhh! im already on antidepressants from my gp because i did tell her about my low moods but kept my eating issues to myself. i was at uni doing my BSc in nursing but got so low i dropped out in my 2nd year and its at the point family mentioning going out for dinner gets me into a panic. i can only eat in front of people that i know really well and am comfortable with. i honestly dont know what to do anymore or even know if this is normal or not but i need to say something to someone before i crack up. should i go and explain truthfully to my GP about this or am i just imagining things? can someone please advise or point me in some direction. thanx xxx

Hi Pinkangel1983,

Sorry you are suffering with all this.

I would definitely go and speak to your GP about your eating difficulties. You are not imagining things at all.

The "episodes" as you call them seem to be completely taking over your life and making you very unhappy. They have also affected your degree in nursing and your relationships with your friends and family. If your GP doesnt know the whole picture it will make it difficult for them to properly help you. The antidepressants dont seem to be helping by themselves. It sounds like you need more support and help with this than medication alone.

Good luck. I hope you get some help with all this soon,

Tiga xx

Archived