Mental Health Forums

Overstimulation

canadianbumble

I don't know where this belongs. i kind of exhausted myself by being in a whirlwind day yesterday. Fish out of water, I was but smiling all day because my friend took me fabric shopping. Her in her over-indulgent way pushed me into shop after shop giddy on prosecco she bought fabric even though she has no intention of sewing it but that's her. Picked up another friend out of the blue more smiles and giddiness. I feel like a child after Christmas unsure of how to pace myself. Not sure that I took my meds again either after all that so now. I don't feel real rying to hold on to that whooshing feeling of yesterday but I't's like I lost my footing and I'm aware of tumbling and hurting as I go down.

I think I have a real problem with overstimulation.

One glass of wine takes on the life of ten, one smile stretches farther than it should, Colours are to vivid, sounds are very loud, everything kind of catches my breath and my heart rate and breathing go up just to cope with everything that's going on. So It feels like I'm on the verge of major panic. I'm having a hard time to anchor down. But down is at the other extreme and clutching on to the slippery walls desperate not to fall in there. This is all exhausting. I really want to go to sleep right now.

Also am shitting myself because going to reiki and dooc will take one look and say too much alch too much bad stuff for the body. Oh i just feel bad about that, but also don't know how I'm going to lie still for 40 mins?

Archived