Mental Health Forums

Cold Hands A Side Effect Of Lofepramine?

BimoUK

I've always been a warm person, temperature wise, and rarely ever had to wear gloves, even in the middle of winter.

Recently however, my hands have been getting extremely cold, even when the rest of me is warm. Sometimes they get so cold they hurt.

Could this be a side effect of Lofepramine? Has anyone else taken Lofepramine and had the same or a similar side effect?

I'm on 280mg of lofepramine and experience quite alot of side effects from them, the cold hands is one of them but do you mind if I pm you about the rest instead as they are a bit personal?

David

i'm on 210mg lofepramine the last few weeks.

thankfully not had too many side affects yet, and noticed this one.

won't be happy if i get this, as i love my heat, and hate being cold :P

Hi Bimo, cold hands are horrible arn't they. I take Lofepramine and get this side effect. My GP thought it was a reaction between them and the blood pressure tabs i take. I also get mottled hands and forearms which I think is another lofepramine side effect. Hope the meds are helping you to feel a bit better tho xx

cold hands and feet are usually linked with propranolol although side effects of dirrerent drugs are unique to each person. Talk to your doctor hun, they'll be able to reassure you xxx

i'm on 210mg lofepramine the last few weeks.

thankfully not had too many side affects yet, and noticed this one.

won't be happy if i get this, as i love my heat, and hate being cold :P

I've been on lofep for about 4 months now Manja and it's really only just started in the last couple of weeks.

Hi Bimo, cold hands are horrible arn't they. I take Lofepramine and get this side effect. My GP thought it was a reaction between them and the blood pressure tabs i take. I also get mottled hands and forearms which I think is another lofepramine side effect. Hope the meds are helping you to feel a bit better tho xx

Unfortunately, they're not really helping Kalico. Not sure where to go from here,

cold hands and feet are usually linked with propranolol although side effects of dirrerent drugs are unique to each person. Talk to your doctor hun, they'll be able to reassure you xxx

It actually looks like it might be a reaction between the lofep and the co-codamol I was recently prescribed for chronic back pain so I'm going to see my GP when I need more meds and ask about it. Out of the co-codamol now anyway.

Archived