Mental Health Forums

Any Successful People Here?

originalnutter

My main ambition in life is to be successful, with a mental illness this is so difficult,

I need to know if anybody out there has a successful job, family or hobby?

I need some inspiration, sitting in this house has killed my social skills, my communication skills and my ability to cope with stress.

Anyone?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i guess it depends on what your definition of successful is.

but i guess you could say that i have a successful job.

Edit: 'I consider myself to be successful as I have done quite well for myself against a really shitty upbringing, and a really traumatic time. it could have the other way, but i tried to make the best of myself despite the circumstances.

whether this is successful by some people's standards i really don't care. i'm happy with how i've done.

It is achievable for some, I had an income of £50k per annum, working 25 hours a week, from a business I built with no capital! If my family had been behaving differently, I would have doubled that, with another 6 months effort, I have also had some amazing jobs that would have taken me into the professions, again, if my home life had been different. I intent to do it now, before I am 50!

My mum has issues and she had a good job for years!

L x

Hi, the family bit i can do and studying a course i can do with a great deal of effort, i guess we can all aim higher and hope for better. Sometimes i am greatly motivated and aim high other days just getting up is a success. I hope you can achieve some of you want.xx

The mass majority of people in this world aren't 'upper class'. Don't be misguided in thinking that that is the perfect life. I would rather be a hard worker than subjugate good people in order to achieve high social status and wealth.

I'll be doing a degree, hopefully. If I can afford it now they've screwed us over with the student fees.

I'm on speaking terms with my family. I don't have one of my own.

tbh this sounds like some sort of wind up

surely each and every one of us here is successful

we have got this far

we are still alive

we reach out to others for help

we support others when we can

we feel like failures endlessly, yet we all achieve things others cannot

sorry

this has made me intensely angry

and as for holding down a family

well

just exactly how does one 'hold them down'??

deleted and i couldn't even be bothered thinking why. can't take any more of life and all this mental health fucking shit. can't take anymore of being such a fucking fuck up. can't take anymore of this stupid site, and can't take everyone turning against me here. can't take oh do you know what why am i even wasting my time typing when no one gives a shit. no one cares. its all trivial and pointless and i'm fucking done. well done world.

The masses will destroy you all. It's already happening in the middle east. And it'll spread. It's already spreading to the western world. The imperialists and fascists cannot win.

Holding down a family - its the way I talk and by that i mean have wife and children and lead a normal life.

I think alot of people here put a negative spin on your circumstances, most of you are quite successful but you fail to realise it.

I would leave this thread people. Sounds like a wind up or someone with very distorted moral and social issues going on. Success is only measured by the relative status of those around you. Don't get caught up in status bullshit x

success is over rated... it is not and never will be the same as happiness and healthiness and that stuff...

and i know which of them i would rather have...

It was a simple question, you all act like im trying to wind you up.

it wasn't your QUESTION that was the problem. you're more than entitled to your opinion on what success means for you but jeez could you not think for one micro second about how you make people feel!!!!

That is true and i did not think about this.

Now I realise,

I can only apologise.

Archived