Mental Health Forums

Any Successful People Here?

originalnutter

success for me would be to get to a point where i feel comfortable with myself.

also, i'm sure theres been studies done which show that once you have a level of income where you can afford the things you need there is no difference in happiness levels between people at this level and people who earn any more.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who really cares about success?I had my kids far too young to even think about being successful,To me my kids are my success.

I'm mostly envious that I didn't get to have my babies, one or two would have been amazing, trauma and abuse took this too. I don't have the ability to express my feelings about this loss, it is simply too great. I have at least mostly accepted it finally and can't allow myself to grieve about it forever. I would have made a wonderful mother, that much I know, but isn't a job everyone who has babies is really qualified or cut out for.

I'm mostly envious that I didn't get to have my babies, one or two would have been amazing, trauma and abuse took this too. I don't have the ability to express my feelings about this loss, it is simply too great. I have at least mostly accepted it finally and can't allow myself to grieve about it forever. I would have made a wonderful mother, that much I know, but isn't a job everyone who has babies is really qualified or cut out for.

you're right maize being a mum is something we don't come qualified for.

my sister has had 4 miscarridges and has now given up hope of ever being a mum so i've got some inkling of what you've gone through regarding not being able to have children. as for being able to express your feelings about this i think you have done that with eloquence and with such heartfelt yearning that it has made my heart weep

sending you love and hugs

nic

xxx

you're right maize being a mum is something we don't come qualified for.

my sister has had 4 miscarridges and has now given up hope of ever being a mum so i've got some inkling of what you've gone through regarding not being able to have children. as for being able to express your feelings about this i think you have done that with eloquence and with such heartfelt yearning that it has made my heart weep

sending you love and hugs

nic

xxx

Nic, That means so much to hear someone say. Thank you doesn't cover it. Love and Hugs Hun xxxxx

Success? Difficult to define, as lots of people have already said!

To respond to originals first post - I have a medical degree and work 80% of full time now. I rent a flat,and live alone and independantly. I am proud of the things I have achieved (somtimes!), but I'm not sure they make me feel "successful" as such.

I think if someone asked me what I want to be, I'd say "happy." There are parts of my life in which I feel I've failed - 6 driving tests and four post-grad exams for starters... But more importantly, I've yet to be in a relationship, I struggle with my emotions. There is still a part of me that feels that, if I could only lose two stone, things would be better......

I think I feel success in my life would be feeling comfortable in my own skin, feeling both lovable and loved.

But I think that somone has already made a very good point - its easy to feel as if, when 'x' has been achieved, I'll feel better, then everything would be ok. I felt like that about medicine for a long time - mostly when I was more ill. It was as if, if I got through medical school, got to working, did a good job, then my life would be worthwhile, I wouldn't need anything else. As I got better, I found that I wanted more in my life than work, and "success" didn't really make me happier.

Maybe I'm going off at a tangent here...

I think I understand what you're asking - In terms of having a professional career etc etc, it is difficult with MH problems, especially if, like me, you are daft enough to choose a high pressure job! - but it can be done if thats what you really want. I guess I'd just say you don't need to define yourself that way - you are valuable as a person, whatever you do.

It is achievable for some, I had an income of £50k per annum, working 25 hours a week

I think I love you and I want to have your babies :D

and as for holding down a family well just exactly how does one 'hold them down'??

Albeit I am not qualified to attest to the best method, but, "by the throat" or with "a taser" does seem my preferred options....of course your more subtle feminine approach might include drug inducement, home cooking or good old fashioned nagging :sofa:.

.....................as an enormous (really) fan of your insightful prose, I am sure, your subconscious has more than covered the Police investigation!!:devil:

and as for holding down a family well just exactly how does one 'hold them down'??

Albeit I am not qualified to attest to the best method, but, "by the throat" or with "a taser" does seem my preferred options....of course your more subtle feminine approach might include drug inducement, home cooking or good old fashioned nagging :sofa:.

.....................as an enormous (really) fan of your insightful prose, I am sure, your subconscious has more than covered the Police investigation!!:devil:

An interesting reply.

Jamie

xxx.

It is achievable for some, I had an income of £50k per annum, working 25 hours a week

Have you answered the question about there being a successful person here????

Jamie.

Have you answered the question about there being a successful person here????

Jamie.

Are you on the same planet????...............are you aware of thermodynamics, human compulsion and binary laws?????

Archived