Mental Health Forums

Saturday..cant Get It Off My Mind.

Dani

This may trigger.

I Work in a pharmacy...we offer a range of services including th morning after pill.

On saturday a girl cam in and i overheard her asking a collegue for it.she was shaking and had been crying.I just knew...i just knew.

i went over and took her into a side room..got her some tissues and asked if she wanted me to sit with her.she kept repeating

'you dont understand' and then crying.i could tell she had been attacked.

I held her hand and asked if shed been hurt...she had been raped only hours before.she kept sayin it was her fault...she was drunk.i tried to console her..

i told her it wasnt her fault.she was in bits.she didnt want the police...she wanted to go home and have a bath.

it broke my heart...i knew exactly how she was feeling...i told her it had happened to me too...so i did understand.at that point she hugged me so tight.

i gave her my number...not professional but i dont give a shit...i didnt want her to feel alone.i gave her the rape crisis num and the pill.then got her a taxi.

i told her to ring if she needed me.

i walked out of the room when she left and burst into tears infront of all my colegues.i think it was then ovious to them i had suffered the same as the girl so now they prob all know.i was shaking.(i acted completeley fine infront of girl).

i feel for this girl...shes not going to tell anyone and i know how that can eat away...

its been on my mind since.im also paranoid that people at work know about me now.

i hope she rings me...i dread to think of her going through this.x

thanks roses...the girl def needs the hugs.

i feel selfish that this has affected me too...its about her not me.

i just hope she is as okay as she can be.

xxx

Hi Daisy,

That must have been a hard situation to deal with, but you did it with compassion and genuine caring for the poor girl.

I know you might feel 'exposed' to your co-workers, but I think you did the right thing in sitting down and trying to help her as much as possible.

I'd say it was a strong trigger for you too. It would be only natural to get emotional after she was gone, and also to worry if /when she will ring you.

I think you did really well in the situation. (((Daisy)))

And stuff the ppl at work, you did what you felt was right, and helped this girl more than anyone else, and thats something to be proud of. Take care, xxx anne marie

It is natural for you to be affected too. Please accept your own pain too. I mean, god, I would be in pieces too round about now as well. Take it easy, take some "you" time. She may well never ring you as you are a stranger to her but console yourself with the fact that you did your best for this girl, your very best and that is part of what makes you such a wonderful person xxx

I think you were wonderful in this situation - you were there when she needed someone - I can understand how it is affecting you because it is something that happened to you too and seeing someone else with the same kind of pain and upset is bound to get to you. :hug2: xxxx

This may trigger.

I Work in a pharmacy...we offer a range of services including th morning after pill.

On saturday a girl cam in and i overheard her asking a collegue for it.she was shaking and had been crying.I just knew...i just knew.

i went over and took her into a side room..got her some tissues and asked if she wanted me to sit with her.she kept repeating

'you dont understand' and then crying.i could tell she had been attacked.

I held her hand and asked if shed been hurt...she had been raped only hours before.she kept sayin it was her fault...she was drunk.i tried to console her..

i told her it wasnt her fault.she was in bits.she didnt want the police...she wanted to go home and have a bath.

it broke my heart...i knew exactly how she was feeling...i told her it had happened to me too...so i did understand.at that point she hugged me so tight.

i gave her my number...not professional but i dont give a shit...i didnt want her to feel alone.i gave her the rape crisis num and the pill.then got her a taxi.

i told her to ring if she needed me.

i walked out of the room when she left and burst into tears infront of all my colegues.i think it was then ovious to them i had suffered the same as the girl so now they prob all know.i was shaking.(i acted completeley fine infront of girl).

i feel for this girl...shes not going to tell anyone and i know how that can eat away...

its been on my mind since.im also paranoid that people at work know about me now.

i hope she rings me...i dread to think of her going through this.x

:'( I'm so sorry. I hope the girl rings you too. I cannot understand why in this world things like this can happen so easily and it is always the victim that is punished most. I have a daughter and I only hope that if anything were to happen to her (The last thing I would ever want, I would rather it be me) that she would be able to find a person as good as you. I hope you are alright too and that the attacker gets everything they deserve. I hope the girl will be able to recover and see that in no way ever could it be her fault.

I can't write anymore, it makes me feel ashamed to be a man.

( Edit - I know I dont know the whole story of the girl, it still make me cry :'( )

Take care

J.

wow hun - no wonder you had trouble writing this out...

((((((((daisy and girl)))))))))))

for what it's worth you done a wonderful thing helping her... i bet she will remember your kindness for ever even if she never contacts you...

and of course it will affect you, please take some time to sooth yourself...

much love to you xxx

:(

You did a good thing for this girl, Thats whats important, Hopefully she will be ok and I hope you will to, I wish I could do something to help but this is one of those horrific things that unfortunately has no easy answer,

I hope she does get in touch with you, just to let you know shes doing ok,

I don't think its selfish that it affect you, it just shows you have alot of empathy for others,

I'm sorry that it happened to you as well :(

I didnt read your replies just read what you put. You are a kind and caring and empathic women. You did for another what you would have wanted for you i expect. Dont go mind reading as to what your work collegues MAY thing. They may just realise what happend to the girl and not connect you to anything at all.

All your friends here would be and are proud of what you did. Any one with a heart would have wanted to do the same. Look after your own feeling ok xx

thank you so much everyone.as ever you are all understnading and know all the

right things to say.

i think she was so brave to go for the morning after pill...to think so clearly after it happened.

i doubt she will ring but i hope she talks to someone.

i am proud of myself...and so glad i was there when she needed someone.if id have had that years ago

it would have made a difference.

im not a touchy feely person...but with her i just held her hand so easily and held her...i hope she felt

a little safe then.

its so awful that things like this happen all the time..theres so much evil in this world.

thanks again..so glad i typed it out.

as for people at work knowing..i have nothing to be ashamed of so im goin to try not think of it.

xx

I don't really have anything to say here, I just think you did a wonderful and selfless thing. You helped that girl in a way no one else could. I think you are amazing for that. x

I don't really have anything to say here, I just think you did a wonderful and selfless thing. You helped that girl in a way no one else could. I think you are amazing for that. x

thank you HH.it is hard to know what to say isnt it?its just such an awful thing.

brings it to home how horrible life can be.xx

Do you have her number?

I bet she is at home looking at your number, wanting to call, but scared to. If you hadn't of seen her, she would have had no one. x

((((((((daisy and girl)))))))) u did a great thing and like someone else said earlier on this thread, she will probably remember that forever even if she doesnt call you. be nice to yourself xx

Oh honey, I can't add anything new, only agree with what everyone else has said about what a wonderful thing you did for that poor girl.

Sending so much love your way. ((((((((((((((((Daisy & girl))))))))))))))))

xxxxxx

hugs to u and the girl, and i am sure you were a great deal of support for her,in a time of need. you did a lovely thing hun

hugs

cad

((((DaisyDuck&Girl))))

You did your best hun and echo wot everyone else has said here.

Take care of yourself. You not selfish hun.

Bet she will remember you even if she never calls.

x

Archived