Mental Health Forums

What Going On With My Life Trigger

autism-bpd

I went to see my GP yesterday after my call back from her, i told her that finding life difficult to cope with and that i taken an OD and she asked me if im still going to the hospital and i said no- she asked me why and i said i got referred back to your care. She told me to go and tell the house staff which i did and to go and see the gp at 4:50pm.

so i went to see the house staff and said that my gp has encouraged me to tell you something and i bursted in tear and she said take your time. I said it last night i taken something and she were like ' taken what' and eventually told her it were pills and told her how many.

she asked what the route behind my problems i said:

* Rape- flashback, seeing him with my eyes open, reliving the event in my room that the problems getting worse

* My dog charlie who died

* Seeing my dad outside my house: and that he is violent for 17 years

* that i hate myself and i need help

and then i finally admitted that isnt the only thing i have been doing: I have been selfharming and i showed the manager it- i said i didnt want my friend to know as it will upset her. she talked to my key worker about this so she can help me

So me and the manager went down to see my doctor together, whilst in the waiting room there were a scary man smiling at me and the house manager seemed like he were flirting around us and when we got in the room to see my gp we discussed about what we talked about in managers office as above in bold writing and my selfharming.

What the outcome is:

*Blood test next monday to check my kidney and Livers have not been damaged by my recent OD... ive been told to drink plenty of fluids.

* Has prescribed me Dosulepin to help me sleep but i read leaflet it also helps with anxiety disorders and depression

* I have a review on Friday 18th March 5:30pm with my GP ( that way she can review my dosulepin which i only have 2 weeks worth, and my blood results).

* I will be referred to the Learning Disability Team for Counselling

I'm sorry that you were feeling so bad and experiencing all of these things but you did the right thing in telling someone and I'm so pleased that they've helped you and have put things in place to continue with that help. I hope you blood test comes back clear xx

I'm sorry youve been having such a bad time but i'm glad things are looking more positive now. i'm glad everyone was supportive when you spoke to them and they have a plan to help care for you

I'm really proud of you sweetie.At last someone is really listening to you. I hope you find the couselling with the LD team useful. It will be better for you than the group therapy as it will be easier for you to talk 1:1.

The dosulepin should help with your sleep, and as you say its an anti depressent which hopefully will help with your anxiety, too.

Now everyone knows about what has been happening for you, they will be able to work together with you.

Take care lovey. xxxx

Wow, sounds like a lot to handle and process! Must say, I admire you for being able to talk about it even though its a very difficult thing to do. I hope things ease for you soon and that they will be able to support you

Hi ((Twi))

You have bein goin thru an awful lot lately. I am sorry your dog died, my cat went in July & I still not over it :( , plus all the other stuff you are dealing with - It's good that you got it all out in the open with the professionals who are helping you.

I am on Dosulepin at night too, and it helps me sleep. And is helping with anxiety. I hope you find it good. I hope your bloods come back ok too sweetie. Hang on in there , hugs anne marie xxx

thank you everyone.

my rape adviso is coming to see me next tuesday- she knows about the OD and the cutting. She wants to help me to not selfharm she said i could call or text her at night if i feel like cutting or oding but she hasnt been answering my messages :(

dosulepin hasnt been helping my anxiety/depression but helps me to sleep. also

i had a panic attack in town and i felt faint- i were with my house mate she kept ranting her problems at me whilst having a panic attack and she say my name if i didnt answe. i cant do 2 things at once talking whilst controlling my panic attacks.

I am finding difficult every single day she comes knocking at my door with all her problems, u dont see me do that at her how am i to get better if she rrants all her problems on me. she doesnt know what i did the other night.

I have been slowly getting isolated hiding away from people and staying in my bedroom most of the time. I dont have many friends no more im down to 3 and i feel i will loose them soon the only friends got left is people online.

I am now scared to go back outside 24/7 i wish i had an easy and normal lifewithout complications

Hi ((Twi))

I'm sure it must be difficult having housemates that get on your nerves. I can understand why you would isolate yourself in your room if people are keeping on and on to you about their problems.

What happenned that you are upset again? I hope you are ok, xxxx a.m

rape advisor upset me by saying selfharm aint the answer and that she cant help me if i cant be bothered. she thinks by getting up and doing things will keep me stable well ive done what she told me and im not even helped one bit

((((twilight)))))) i'm sorry your rape advisor upset you, please tell us more if you want to xxx

it is really hard when friends want you to listen to their problems, you have problems too, sometimes listening isnt possible. did your housemate know you were having a panic attack? It sounds like you must have dealt with it very well but it must have been so hard for you

((((twilight)))))) i'm sorry your rape advisor upset you, please tell us more if you want to xxx

it is really hard when friends want you to listen to their problems, you have problems too, sometimes listening isnt possible. did your housemate know you were having a panic attack? It sounds like you must have dealt with it very well but it must have been so hard for you

yes she knew i had a panic attack i told her.

any way the house mate expected me to go clubbing with her but i cant i had bad experience and im scared to go out im frightened i will get hurt by people

yes she knew i had a panic attack i told her.

any way the house mate expected me to go clubbing with her but i cant i had bad experience and im scared to go out im frightened i will get hurt by people

Thats awful your rape advisor said that. maybe that would be good advice for a lot of rape sufferers, some people find it helpful if ppl speak to them firmly but everyone is different and she should know that. there's so much more to our problems than *can't be bothered!*. You have other problems to deal with and you should do things at your own pace.

Being firm with me did not work best with me. i feel she dont understand given my autism i can be quite sensitive and literal which can put me under pressure

I think lots of ppl have trouble understanding autism. Or they think they do know about it and theyre actually wrong. idk why they have trouble, i think i understand you as well as i understand everyone else on here.

is there anyone else at the support centre you could talk to? you need help and support but if your rape advisor isnt able to adapt to different ppl its going to be hard for you to get the support you need.

yeh i hate it when they think they know autism but they dont when they tell me what it means to them.

do u mean my supported living they dont even know autism and dont know what the signs are :(

Archived