Mental Health Forums

Tablets Causing Auditory Hallucinations

hhhMental

Having problems with my current tablets, was wondering whether to go back to my old ones (sulpiride) or get a new one altogether.

My current antipsychotic is 400 mg seroquel xr and 150mg of lustral . Was at 300 but was still getting some psychosis so the dose got boosted. I came off abilify

and went on seroquel xr and ended up losing about 4 hours of the day. I used to take instant release seroquel but I came off it as I was having problems with it.

I was on the tablets for around 5 years ( 300mg twice a day, 12 hours in between doses) but aswell as it making me drowsy it would make me feel physically ill and I'd have auditory hallucinations after taking them. It happened somewhere between 1.5 hours and 2 hours, after taking them and would last a couple of hours and then my psychosis would disapear until I took the next one. I was daft to stay on them for so long as I did because I hated them. I was glad when I finally made my mind up to come off them but started to have problems with my new tablet, abilify. I liked the idea of having a small tablet (20mg) and I don't think they had any sedative effect. But it started to make me really stiff in all my muscles. I contacted the doctor who I think was a little suprised by my side effect but still he prescribed me procyclidine 3 times a day ( I took em with sulpiride years ago) But it didn't make any difference. I'd get worn out walikng to the shop and when it

got bad I would struggle to eat a meal because my arms were so stiff and other times. I'd stop doing the physic activity I was doing and sit and watch a movie or something as doing things seemed to make this problem worse.

I came off these tablets over xmas after taking em for 6 months and ended up back on seroquel because it had prolonged release effect and with a lower dose.

I think my problem with abilfy was it made my nervous tension worse ( something I wasn't even aware that I had till maybe the last 2 years. Now I'm back on seroquel although it has changed. But I'm still getting stiff and its normally at it worst when I'm out or even just active. And I have more auditory hallucinations than I have ever been use to but off course I always did on this one.

Think I had 2 seroquel once (600mg) by mistake. Not that I remember taking 2 otherwise I wouldn't have taken the second. But I started getting weird sensations in my head and my arms were moving when I got the sensations in my head. Not sure if my legs were doing the same, it were pretty scary but I won't take one if I don't remember anymore.

So, I'm still not happy with the pills but are these problems caused by me or are they created by my meds. Because I get tense when I get nervous it makes me think it's just me but why would abilify make my tension worse? My tablets are meant to help with anxiety but they seem to be doing next to nothing and leaving me more of a mess than ever. I have wondered whether I'm agorophobic nowadays or maybe just an over the top nervous problem. But I keep wondering why seroquel had psychosis as

a side effect and now i'm on slow release I'm worried I just gonna be a mess all the time. I had no problem at all on supiride. Didn't feel sleepy, sorted my

psychosis out and was very happy on it till I started to think that it was giving me breasts then I came of it. I have tried 4 Trihexyphenidyl and max 6 procyclidine but still getting stiff. Heads all over the place at the moment. Guess the nervous tension because my head is in such a state but why am I getting all this psychosis on such a high dose of seroquel? Have been on this higher dose for around a month and the slightly lower dose for a month also. AM tempted to ween myself off em just to see how I am.

Archived