Mental Health Forums

Slipping Down A Dangerous Slope

x-Bliss-x

I've had a really bad couple of days at home. It's really unsettled here. Lots of arguements. My Mum has kicked her partner out the house now. But instead of going down my usual route of not eating to make myself feel better, I've gone all the other way.

Restricting takes too long and just isn't going to give me that rush that binging does. I went out and brought a load of binge food this morning. Trouble is, I'm eating it, and having no oppertunity to purge. I've never done this before. I'm comforting myself with the thought that, I've lost weight over the past couple of days, so if I have a binge weekend and put it all on. I can just lose it again next week. This is a really dangerous cycle to get into but I'm just not sure how else to cope!

I know what I'm doing but I just can't stop myself! :'(

Similar thing happened to me about 7 years ago now. About 4 years ago I stopped purging and now I just binge. I am obese. And very unhappy with myself. It doesn't really matter what the behaviour is. It's all the same shit. I don't have any advice to give, I can't stop myself either. Like you say, it's a way to cope, and without it what have we got? Maybe try and find someone you can talk to about this?

Archived