Mental Health Forums

*newbie Alert*

Surviving Angel

Hello People :)

As you probably guessed by the title I am new here. I don't really know where to start as I am pretty nervous as I have never done anything like this before.

Everyone calls me Eva and I live in the UK with my fiancé and my cats. My fiancé and my cats are my world and my everything. Without them I don't know how I would cope.

I have been abused ever since I can remember and it only stopped a few years ago when I met my fiancé who helped me so much. I still suffer from some abuse from my parents but at least its psychical/sexual as before. As they can only do so much over the phone and the rare times i see them.

I suffer from depression and I also used to self harm. But with the help of my fiancé I managed to beat it although its still a battle every day and sometimes I still want to do it. I also had a severe eating problem when I met my fiancé but with his help and support I managed to fight it and now I am recovering. It is still hard and still a battle to keep going just like with my self harm but I know with his support I can do this. I guess the other thing you should know about me is that I have a long term illness. I have been ill for about 5 years now and it effects me every day of my life. I have something called M.E but its also sometimes/rarely known as CFS. I find it very hard to cope and have it pretty severely. It has made me very lonely as I spend a lot of the time at home and only get our rarely. I really don't know what else to say about it, but if you want to ask me anything feel free.

I don't think there is much else I can say, I am very scared and lonely. I don't have many friends and am stuck at home a lot. Things have been pretty hard lately and I am finding it really hard to cope with what has happened to me. I know it has changed me and that really scares me sometimes. I guess I am just really lucky to of found my fiance...because without him I'd still be in that hell and I know I wouldn't of survived. So thats why I choose my user name as Surviving Angel...because I am Surviving and I know one day when my sister is old enough i can cut all ties with my parents and hopefully never be abused in any way again.

Yikes this has turned pretty long, but I hope you sticked around to have a look. I look forward to your replies as right now I am feeling scared, nervous and very lonely.

Take gentle care of yourselves

Eva x

*Surviving Angel*

Hey Eva!

Welcome! I know someone with ME he struggles really badly with it. He sleeps a hell of a lot and finfs it very hard and painfull to walk far at all. It is a horrible disorder!

((((Hugs))))) Hope that you find lots of support here!

L

xx

Welcome to BPDWORLD Eva! Nice to meet you. I am sure you will find this a friendly and supportive place. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Emma

xxx :)

Hi Eva and :welcomeani: to BPD world ....

good to meet you and hope to see you around as you settle in

everyone here is really supportive and its a great place im glad you found us

luv Janie xxxx

Do you all want to hear something slightly funny and embarrassing? I am so new to all this I thought I had registered for something else...lol. I thought I was registering for the Abuse forum but in fact i was registering for the main forum. Oops silly me *blushes*

So i have never even looked around this board, so i guess I better start. I hope I am ok to be here as I suffer from depression and a few other things to say the least.

I am feeling a little over whelmed by how big the place is but hopefully I'll settle in soon and feel more comfortable.

Thank you all for your lovely replies, they mean a lot to me and making me feel less alone in all this.

Eva

*Surviving Angel*

Of course you are welcome here. Not everyone here is BPD. We cover other mental health issues. You will settle in soon I am sure. You will get used to us. :D

Archived