Mental Health Forums

Art Deco Lady

catsmother21

I have done this art deco cross-stitch for my mum-in-law for Mother's Day because she loves art deco ladies. I just need to iron it and find a nice frame for it now. It's got quite a lot of silver thread in it so I am going to get a silver frame for it.

Cross-stitch really helps me with anxiety and when I need to distract myself and would definitely recommend it. I have now started another one of a ballerina (I love ballet) for myself and not only does it help to distract but it you also end up with something lovely at the end of it. :D

Edit - typos :wacko:

Aweee, I like it too :) I am a knitter myself and it's nice that there are lots of modern possibilities to this now - lots of people still think that it's only something old hags are into (which we are, of course, not :lol:) but there's lots of funky stuff out there. Thanks for sharing with us, Cats xxx

U made that Cat...That is awesome! It musta taken soo much time and patience to make.....Id be at it for 5 mins and then get frustrated lol!..Id love a tiger one...Oh and don't forget Mrs Browns Boys on BBC1 tonight!!! ;)

U made that Cat...That is awesome! It musta taken soo much time and patience to make.....Id be at it for 5 mins and then get frustrated lol!..Id love a tiger one...Oh and don't forget Mrs Browns Boys on BBC1 tonight!!! ;)

I worked out there was probably about 150-200 hours work went into it and yes saw the ad for Mrs Browns Boys earlier and my hubby has got it on record - so I will get to see it at last :) xx

Aweee, I like it too :) I am a knitter myself and it's nice that there are lots of modern possibilities to this now - lots of people still think that it's only something old hags are into (which we are, of course, not :lol:) but there's lots of funky stuff out there. Thanks for sharing with us, Cats xxx

Yes me is an old hag :P:lol: xxxx

Ugh keep running out of plus points - need more!! Will come back xx

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments :grouphug[1]: xxxx

That is awesome cats!! My mum has a similar tattoo on her arm! You have just inspired me, as it's her birthday at the end of the month. Doubt I'll be able to do something on that scale... But will look for a smaller project! I'm learning to use my sewing machine at the moment :)

It would make a really nice pillow with a silk back the blue color too. Looks great, really nice detailing. Gold stars for you Cats!

It is really lovely. :D

I like to do cross-stitch and it really helps me to take my mind off of things, but i'm not that great at it, and end up getting really frustrated with myself when i do it wrong- especially when i have spent a lot of time on it and cannot undo my errors. In many ways i think it is like my mind and that is why i get frustrated because like the cross-stitch, i cannot undo what i have done wrong.

Sorry.... just felt like writing that as it came to me.

I love yours xxx

Cats that is amazing hun!!

Well done you, your Mother in law will love it!! :masked: :masked:

I started doing one for my hubbies mom (she passed away now though), but i spent so much time unpicking all the colours i'd got mixed up one time it's now sitting in my drawer as a UFP. (UnFinished Project)

So well done for persisting that must have taken ages!

x

That is aabsolutely amazing.... the patience, the time, the detail, the obvious skill and talent you possess and the GREAT taste in beauty!!! Wow cats, you got skills girl!! xxxxxxxx

Archived