Mental Health Forums

Am I Ocd? (Maybe) Are They Disgusting? (Definately)

b0bulat0r

Ok so I know I'm quite OCD.

I like to have things a certain way in a certain place and things have to be organized, some people call this being "Anal"

I get that this can be annoying to other people but the things i've seen today I can't believe people are This disgusting its like the polar opposite.

Just gone to go to the toilet and then have my lunch and what do I find.

First of all we have 2 toilets right next to each other in our building, one gents one ladies, now our building has 14 women and 3 men in it, so I understand that sometimes when the ladies loo is occupied women will use the gents because the chances of me matt or paul being in there is reduced from the chance of someone being in the womans, we don't even mind if you keep it clean!!!

I just went to go in there and the toilet was filled with bloody toilet tissue and the toilet seat was wet,

Not how I expect to find facilities that we use! unless Matt or Paul have an internal injury that they should really be in A&E for this was obviously one of the female staff members who has shocked me with her (whoevers) quite frank disgusting hygiene skills to leave a bathroom in such a way.

I went over to the other building to go to the bathroom because I'm not cleaning up a toilet thats been left like that and I won't use it either, When I came back over to this side I went into the staff room to eat my lunch to find that people had put cutlery back into the drawers without having washed it and any cutlery that may have been clean is covered in yogurt and tomato juice and various other things people have eaten with,

Your telling me SERIOUSLY1!! that its too much to clean something after you use it?, at home I may leave the washing up until everyone has eaten and do it in one go but at work I wash up whatever I use when I have finished with it, EITHER way i'd never put dirty cutlery away, So I washed up a lot of cutlery, and my bowl (Yes one I brought in) which someone had had some type of soup in and not cleaned out properly (looks like it had been rinsed out but not scrubbed and had hardened orange stains on it)

not to mention the scraps and chunks of food all over the sofa and table in the staff room and dirty tissues littering the floor and pushed underneath the sofa,

I don't appreciate spending half of my lunch time cleaning up for other people but I just cant tolerate being in an environment that shitty, even if i had found a clean place to sit down i'd have looked at the rest of the room and it would have driven me batty.

Am I being unreasonable here? am I expecting too much?

or would this sort of thing disgust you as well?

its horrific.

It is disgusting and would bother me too, though I wouldnt know how to deal with it. The obvious suggestion is to say something, but I personally am a total conflict phobic so cant suggest what to say or do really :(

Well I had to clean up the staff room because I get very obsessive over the mess I cant stand it,

the point is I shouldn't have to clean it up because I didn't make the mess and I think people should be responsible for making sure public areas they use are left in a reasonable state,

If they want to live in filth at home that's their choice,

I'd have liked to have cleaned the bathroom up as well as going anywhere near it will make me shudder at how filthy it is but there are certain things I just freak out about and can't go near, this may sound quite childish but other peoples blood (Especially knowing where it has come from) is something that I just cant bring myself to go anywhere near

I'll clean up the staff room when its a mess because it bothers me, but perhaps this makes others feel that they can leave it in a shit hole because I will clean up for them?

I don't know, I'd like to have a rant at them but as you say I'm afraid of conflict, but I don't want to end up being an unpaid maid to a bunch of pigs,

and I'm sorry to be really sexist here but this has shocked me even more so because it is a group of women,

I thought (correct me if i'm wrong) but it was typically men who had "disgusting dens" where they never cleaned up,

This is obviously proving that stereotype wrong.

just frustrates me so much and I have enough of my own work to worry about without having to deal with other peoples trash.

I don't think this has anything to do with your OCD. Leaving the toilet in that state and putting dirty cutlery in the drawer is plain disguisting.

blurgh thats totally gross! sorry theyre all mingers!

can u put a typed notice on the wall or something so noone will know it was you (typed - cant recognise your handwriting :D ). or put in an anonymous complaint?

ppl r gross and so fucking inconsiderate :angry:

i agree with toaster

they are complete MINGERS and totally gross and disgusting. when you type the notice put it in huge letters so that they can't fail to miss it and complain as well, do they treat their own homes like it?????? the answer is probably no.

they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

:mad0233::mad0233::mad0233::mad0233:

on your behalf

hugs

nic

xxx

I am not surprised you're annoyed i would be too,It is disgusting.I don't know if this is OCD related though,These people just sound plain filthy :angry2: sticking a notice up sounds a great idea.XxXxX.

A certain person came in in the afternoon and made a comment that she'd be unable to find a clean spoon earlier when she wanted one to which I quickly hastened to add that I'd washed them all up at lunch time and that it had annoyed me,

A sign certain sounds like a good idea, its not hard to keep a communal area tidy if everyone does their part,

I also have the habit of when i go to get my lunch I also get the papers (they like to have a sun and a mail) and I typically buy them for everyone to read, I found the last fortnights worth in a pile in the staff room,

Looks like recycling is too much for them as well!!.

I don't think these things are necessarily symptoms of OCD, they are things that would bother me and most people. I don't mean to downplay your difficulties in any way though. Take care, mate.

Archived