Mental Health Forums

Won My Esa Appeal

hummm_mabbe

Hello

For some reason I dont yet feel elated, I guess because I had a bit of an anxiety attack when the person phoned and am still de-wobbly-ing ... but I have won my appeal and can now get ESA at the same rate I was having incapacity. Am so glad I didnt have to go to a tribunal hearing, they changed it on the basis of documents sent by my doctor and therapist.

Just want to say thank you to the people here who encouraged me to appeal and supported me, I think it was Snowman (sorry if I got that wrong!) that was prodding me the most to do it :)

This means I can go back to having therapy twice a month instead of monthly. I am going to have to have work focused interviews, but thats ok because my long term plan is to do some voluntary work to ease me back into being around people first, see how I handle that. Hopefully the Job Centre can help with that, pathways to work or whatever.

I dont know why I dont feel relieved though, maybe just got lots of other emotions to work through, I dont know.

Ross

(((((((Ross)))))))

Chuffed for you, Sir - must be a weight off your mind, it's excellent. :)

As for not feeling relieved - give yourself a bit of time, mister, be patient. It will prob sink in when you're done de-wobbly-ing :)

xxx

Edit: ...cause I spelt chuffed wrong... Entirely diff meaning when you miss out the "h"... :ashamed0005:

That's great new Ross :hug2:

It's likely it just hasn't sunk in yet.

This will be better for you in the long run, so you can ease yourself back at your own pace, rather then jumping in head first when you are not fully ready.

Aurora :)

Yeah I think its because I have been waiting to hear now for about a month or more, its just been like a perma-worry, so maybe my brain hasnt accepted it yet. I had sort of been building myself up for some horrible battle or something, which now isnt gonna happen, and I think my guts are just going to take a while to untwist. I think I am kind of waiting for someone to call and say "sorry we changed our minds, we hate you and you suck".

NEED POCKET-BUN

Next thing to do then is prolly email my therapist to change to twice a month again.

Lol at 'cuffed'. Thats what i was expecting, a wallop around the head :(

No wallops round the head for you dear - no way!! :hug2:

Can has ickle bun though ^_^ I love it, but I'd be too scared to touch it, i think, with me being such a clutz lol

1371991736_26af8e5222.jpg

xx

something awful about having to talk to people about it -- good news or bad news

lol -- "I think I am kind of waiting for someone to call and say "sorry we changed our minds, we hate you and you suck".

naww

awww that bunni is darling xx

No wallops round the head for you dear - no way!! :hug2:

Can has ickle bun though ^_^ I love it, but I'd be too scared to touch it, i think, with me being such a clutz lol

1371991736_26af8e5222.jpg

xx

**gasps** :o ICKLE BUN omg .... he is so perfectly snuggle sized :) Like a small morsel of wub :wub: We can give him a crash helmet and one of those leaping-off-tall-buildings-safely crash mats and then you can hug him too :)

something awful about having to talk to people about it -- good news or bad news

lol -- "I think I am kind of waiting for someone to call and say "sorry we changed our minds, we hate you and you suck".

naww

awww that bunni is darling xx

Hi there

Yeah its odd isnt it. I think I have just been feeling kind of 'under seige' for a while now, my brain hasnt realised its alright now

I'm glad you won the appeal.

Thanks bibiddi! Was it you or snowman that was prodding me to appeal? I are confoozed :unsure:

I think I nagged abit - sorry.

But

YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE

I relate a lot to how hard it is to be around others. ((((Ross))))

You did good, Hun, so glad you won your benefits.

Thanks maize, yeah getting there slowly. I feel like I have a bit of a stable base to work towards this from now, rather than the "get out there now" feeling I had before which was just overwhelming.

:hug2:

I relate a lot to how hard it is to be around others. ((((Ross))))

You did good, Hun, so glad you won your benefits.

Thanks maize, yeah getting there slowly. I feel like I have a bit of a stable base to work towards this from now, rather than the "get out there now" feeling I had before which was just overwhelming.

:hug2:

I know what you mean. I have many disabilities and can't do that very well at all. With some basics though it's possible to move forward where one is able to. :)

Is it a disability benefit? Disability is such a complex issue and difficult to deal with, especially the invisible kind. But of course I have no right to say something like that because I have two good arms and legs. :/

Archived