Mental Health Forums

Being Sectioned

lauraw2693

Just wondered if someone could tell me what the rules are re being sectioned? I was asked this morning about admitting myself into hospital and refused. I'm scared of being sectioned, I definitely count as a danger to myself but not to others at all. I have an emergency psych appointment on Monday now but I'm worried about what he'll say :unsure:

I got asked whether I would admit myself into hospital atleast 3 times during december and january. Each time I said no, the first time they told me I had to attend day hospital so I did that the other times I was still at day hossy so they just kept a closer eye on me when I was there and when I wasnt at day hossy. xx

i believe tho not certain as neva been sectioned took voluntary option instead, found this

"A patient can be sectioned if they are perceived to be a threat to themselves or other people.

Generally, a patient can only be sectioned if two doctors and a social worker or a close relative of the patient believe it is necessary.

One of these doctors is usually a psychiatrist. The other is often a doctor who knows the patient well.

However, in an emergency one doctor's recommendation may be sufficient.

An approved social worker also has to be involved in the assessment, and has to agree that being sectioned is the best course of action for that patient.

The social worker then makes the application for a place in secure accommodation for the patient.

Sectioning a patient enables doctors to assess the extent of the patient's mental disorder and, if necessary, to administer treatment.

i dont know anything about hospital or sectioned stuff...

but wanted to send you big hugs :hug2: and tell you i am here for you...

much love xx

Thanks for the replies..

grouphug[1].gif

Is a social worker the same as a support worker?

Both my support worker and psychiatrist thought its a good idea, my support worker said she wanted to phone my GP up too :mellow:

:unsure:

xxxx

Archived