Mental Health Forums

I Quite Liked The Status Update Bar

Corpsewithpulse

Do you want the status update bar back?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the status update bar back?

• Yes... please bring it back Josh
    • No... I'm glad it's gone

Save for the occasional off colour remark left on the statuses, they were a constant source of amusement, gratification and general updating on the moods and wellbeing of this forum's members.

I am very disappointed to see it disappear and should it remain in it's current state of non existence, I for one shall protest provided that the above poll agrees.

Corpse 103 - your piddly amount :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i liked the status bar loads....but now i like the shout box...

so who do i choose?

as harry hill would say...FIIIIGGGHHHTT!!!!!!!!!!! :masked: :masked:

The shout box is moving way too fast for me at the moment. No sleep plus diazepam makes me very dopey. I did like the status updates but they caused a lot of triggers as well.

i liked the status bar loads....but now i like the shout box...

so who do i choose?

as harry hill would say...FIIIIGGGHHHTT!!!!!!!!!!! :masked::masked:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though... I'm really not feeling that cat litter box thing.

If others like it then cool. But what about those who prefer things to be a little slower?

i just thought that would be the best way to sort the issue :):D

on a serious(ish) note tho i do miss it a lot.i wanna(for some weird reason) tell you all what im watching..what im doing

and how i'm feeling at least 10 times a day :)

cat litter box thing?

It's just one of those politically driven discrediting ploys...

But I don't see why we can't have both :)

14-2

The world must know how I still appreciate Brody Dalle and The Distillers... but how can I purvey this in a subtle yet effortless manner?

*head... wall...*

Wow....I havn't listened to the Distillers in such a long time... *YouTubes*

Ok, i'm kind of missing it now :lol:

14-2

The world must know how I still appreciate Brody Dalle and The Distillers... but how can I purvey this in a subtle yet effortless manner?

*head... wall...*

Brody Dalle = first crush :wub: :lol:

14-2

*head... wall...*

Brody Dalle = first crush :wub::lol:

:lol:

One of mine too!

I remember whilst at work showing a colleague of mine a picture of her. He (being a normie) said that if she got rid of the piercings, tatts, guitar and beer bottle she'd be alright. I responded by saying that if she got rid of that lot then she would lose her appeal...

18-2 Josh :mellow:

I had THE most amazing collage - lovingly made with my very own hands, of course - of her, which my mum tore down from my wall, stamped into the garden with, and promptly set alight upon discovering that her only daughter liked girls.... Oh, how I laughed.... and then got to work on a new one.

Brody minus all that? :mellow: doesn't work, just doesn't work at all.

x

i will miss it :crying_anim02: but change has to happen if we are ever going to evolve as people, and normally change is actually very good nonetheless awful for those of us who hang on for dear life to any little tiny insy winsy bit of stability...... but I have to confess I *goes all buddhisty and is grateful this place still exists at all* :angel:

As for status, if we love it so much, we have facebook.... however I never could quite imagine posting a status of the sort I got used to here. It was an easy way to just keep an eye on 'friends' and I don't want my 'friends' here to be my 'friends' on facebook too. There IS a difference!

Think I shall have to make a new facebook account with a load of anonymous information but the only problem with that is can't have two seperate fb accounts open at the same time!! Bummer.:bum:

the following is :offtopic: but fuck it

p.s wants a buddha emoticon! lol

I used to have a bit of a crush on Josh Homme...

Although I'm sure that subconsciously, it was only because Brody put him on the map :masked:

21-3 Josh :mellow:

Occasionally I found it convenient but I have never really liked it, most of the time I had mine on hide so I didn't have to be distracted with it. When people were flaming or kicking off at each other. I mostly see at as attention seeking and even that is alright, but it is gets irritating to me too. Mostly my view comes from a place of privacy. I am very private person so I don't really want to be on display that way, I stopped using it much because posts would show up on a internet search and link me back to this place which I felt disturbed by. So, I found myself constantly going through all the updates I posted on and deleting my comments. Then one day I thought this is insane Sah, just don't use it if it disturbs you that much. Since we got it hardly anyone uses the chatroom anymore I have noticed, although it looks like shoutbox is kinda stepping up that way.

I do think it has been a good way for people to get silly and get to know each other, especially new people. that can really take your mind of your MH when your are needing to distract or need that immediate attention that is so hallmark to many of us here. But just because I am not smitten with it doesn't mean it wasn't a good feature, I still voted no though because I am not dying to have it back.

I used to have a bit of a crush on Josh Homme...

Although I'm sure that subconsciously, it was only because Brody put him on the map :masked:

21-3 Josh :mellow:

Ya never heard of Kyuss?

Josh Homme :wub:

Sorry for off topicness :ashamed0005:

I miss the status update bar. I think i might like the shoutbox and i love having the crisis plans and things there but if someone posted a status and i wanted to respond i'd get it in my email and then even if it had moved off the status bar i could find the person in my friend list and respond to them.

its hard getting used to something new but that doesnt mean i can't do it

shoutbox

pros

ppl from outside cant see it

if there is a trigger it will probably disapear quicker

it can work like a chatroom for ppl like me who cant get in the chatroom

the other resources in the shoutbox section are really great and useful

cons

you can't go back to comments made a while ago

it does move very fast, hard to keep up

if you want to shout someone and ppl are already in there talking it seems rude to interupt with shout

maybe not everyone remembers the username or password they signed up with

status updates

pros

status convos could go on for days, not lost unless deleted

easier to make random comments to make ppl smile

you can have chats between just a few ppl

I like how you can kind of order your thoughts into a few short sentences

cons

can be triggering

if you stay away from triggers it can be hard to say how you feel

can be seen by outside world

thats going to make it even harder to have a conversation with someone but it might be ok once we get used to it. not all changes are for the better of course but some turn out to be just as good

Emma I love how you have done a pros and cons on this..... i think Joshua who should be supportive of DBT would have known that at least he could show us his list before he makes changes!

Anyone would think we were in charge here eh?! xx

Archived