Mental Health Forums

I Quite Liked The Status Update Bar

Corpsewithpulse

Do you want the status update bar back?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the status update bar back?

• Yes... please bring it back Josh
    • No... I'm glad it's gone

i liked the status update - apart from the few mad status we had it was useful - and i like saying moring to ppls or just givin general updates or reading updates...an some made me laugh as well

joshhhhhh bring it back but bring it back an have it so us mini mods can lock or delete them cuz we's always online lol . or if someone dont stick to the rules they cant make a status for 24 hrs and they get 3 chances b4 that privelage is remoofed altoghether!

lol u wanted feedback :P

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah last night i was against having them here but now they have gone i miss them lol it's look's weird not having them,Last night i was about to write a status and then realised they had gone lmao.

Also i think it would be a good idea if mini mods could delete status's too :)

I'd like it back, too. It makes me feel more part of this community, knowing that people are 'live'. It's also the quickest way to make contact - saying: 'Please help, I'm not well' and someone saying 'What's up!?' - first contact made, time to talk things through.

Now it looks more like a library than a live forum :(

I know people are not so happy about this change and to some extent expected it. The reality though is i wont be changing it back but what i will do is explain why and help make the transition to the new feature as easy as i can through taking on your feedback.

Reasons for change - This software is built by someone else so changing it isnt possible. The new software i can add features to, update it, you say something would be cool it could be added. It brings flexibility and choice.

The new system will be of great use to many people but for this to be realised it needs to be used. Taking the status updates and putting them on this new system promotes the use of it as people clearly got a lot from them...

Im making some changing to how the shout box works and hopefully you will find them more acceptable.

Ya never heard of Kyuss?

Josh Homme :wub:

Sorry for off topicness :ashamed0005:

Againt to go waaaay off topic - Kyuss - :wub: . That is all. :happystrange:

Can I just check, those voting for the status update would like all the new......ermmm what do we call it........ shoutbox and thingys gone? So in essence you don't appreciate/like/want the changes that have been made?

35 members have voted

31 have said yes

103 have said no

Can we get a :facepalm: emoticon if nothing else? :(

Corpse 103 - your piddly amount :)

Editing my posts?

You're lucky I have a sense of humour!

But really, it wasn't my piddly amount... it was the piddly amount of the people who voted!

*loosens tie, bangs fist on desk etc etc blah* :)

we used to have status update on profile - that could only be seen if people visited profile, so were 'interested' enough to see how someone was

could this not return

it didnt have replies, was just a statement

Save for the occasional off colour remark left on the statuses, they were a constant source of amusement, gratification and general updating on the moods and wellbeing of this forum's members.

I am very disappointed to see it disappear and should it remain in it's current state of non existence, I for one shall protest provided that the above poll agrees.

Corpse 103 - your piddly amount :)

It had good and bad points. I liked it. I'm not averse to change. And the new thing is better than it was yesterday.

I'm not averse to change.

You are incredibly lucky in that respect but people with BPD unfortunately are extremely adverse to change and it really hurts us. Count your blessings Narcissa.

im really confused!!!! where is the shout box thing that is in place of the status updates???

I feel really lost without it!!

It's an element, but not on the diagnostic criteria. Plenty of non borderlines have an aversion to change. It's the coping mechanisms you use when change comes about that make it borderline.

no offense, but that's not up to you to say. The inability to change is not the only factor in bpd.

Your very right. For some its just a thing in there life. A feature.

Not everything has to be an illness or disorder.

Personally at present i HATE the change. Personally this feels like them trying to alter the off side law in football. There was never anything wrong with it and it just the governing bodies mucking about. Not impressed. And sad to feel that the only response i will get to that is, well if you dont like it you can go. Factions and alienation has occurred. Long live the Revoloution.

Archived