Mental Health Forums

What About Our Opinions?

cw590

Why don't members get asked of their views and opinions before changes are made to the forum???

Surly we should be involved in changes before they are just made? i logged into the forum today and noticed that changes had been made...

I feel quite annoyed. Am i the only one that feels like this???

Claire

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is, its Joshuas forum, technically.

So if he decides that something is to change, it is his perogative to change it.

He may decide to take what members say into account, or he may not.

Its just the way it is, i am not on anyones side, i have learnt this over he yrs as being a member here, and it doesn't bother me anymore. It used to though.

Wishing yous well, a.m xx

i will be alongside you in my future badkitteh... we are all resonsible for our behaviour and being bothered about someone elses careless and thoughtless behaviour is where therapy intends we draw the line. I know, I have been there and I can see my future without all this in it. Thank god x

It might be his site- this is fair enough! but why doesn't he care about the thousands of members????

I am paying to use this site and i think our opinions should be taken into account for this reason!

I'm not donating any more of my money to them if they have no respect for our views.

On the Notice Board there is a thread called A Support Forum? The first post is from Josh, who states "most of all this place is about inclusion".

I would like to see members of this forum included when changes may be made to it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The status updates were a VERY positve function. A way to easily see how people were doing. To offer instant support and care. To show you cared. To look to try to make someone smile, to make them feel even just a small bit better. To have that function taken away is sad in my opinion. To me this looks like the ministry of magic is interfering with Hogwarts !

On the Notice Board there is a thread called A Support Forum? The first post is from Josh, who states "most of all this place is about inclusion".

I would like to see members of this forum included when changes may be made to it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I completely agree!!!!!!!!!!!

The status updates were a VERY positve function. A way to easily see how people were doing. To offer instant support and care. To show you cared. To look to try to make someone smile, to make them feel even just a small bit better. To have that function taken away is sad in my opinion. To me this looks like the ministry of magic is interfering with Hogwarts !

I agree with this too! sometimes you dont want to post in the forum! sometimes you just want to let people know how you are feeling or let people know what you are up to!! so now we will have to go onto every ones profile just to see if anyone is in need of support!!!!

in which case we stop paying to be members of this site and they might realise that they need our money to keep it up and running! and therefore should probably stop pissing us all off and forcing people to leave!

It wasn't long ago when they were pleading for our donations to keep the site running..and this is how they re-pay us.

Guys maybe take a sep back here and think about this. Josh is doing what he thinks is in the interest of the majority,this new feature cost lots of money and time. If he was in it just for the money or to be bossy its not worth it,no money is made and glory well see how he is being atacked here. Its as if you forget he is a human,would you talk to another member like that? Gang up like that? Its called bullying.

It was meant to be a surprise! And personally Im using it and love it.

This is place is here for you guys but Josh owns it and pays more for it (not to mention the time he puts in) then any of you,does that not give him the right to do as he sees fit? Which btw he does with only the best intentions.

If you pay for a magazine do you then feel you have the right to tell the owners what to write or how to run it?

Lilly

if it took lots of money and time then consultation with paying members should have been organised. This is a mess for one reason and one reason alone..... :mad0233:

this is not a 'magazine' but the cult of celebrity does strangely make sense when it comes to josh

You didnt buy a stock in this site,you bought a membership.

Yes if celebrity means being gossiped about and slagged off publically he cerainly is a celeb.

Lilly

"This is place is here for you guys but Josh owns it and pays more for it"

Yes....but there are paying members here too. (To reiterate - I was one, but not at the moment).If people are using this site and in some cases PAYING TOWARDS ITS' UPKEEP then surely a proper consultation should have taken place beforehand?

To ensure this site remains "inclusive", as Josh believes it should be, I fully believe any MAJOR changes here should be put to a vote xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

its very nice of him to develop the site further by adding new features, But to delete the ones that a lot of members find so useful is just cruel.

I feel so lost without this feature and i dont see what difference it makes to him if he brings it back for those who like to use it.

I hope if something bothers you, you feel you would be able to discuss it with those responsible and come to a solution? I'm sorry you feel attacked here today Josh. I'm not sure being sarcastic is going to help matters though xxxxxxxxxxxxx

So if he decides that something is to change, it is his perogative to change it.

Its just the way it is, i am not on anyones side, i have learnt this over he yrs as being a member here, and it doesn't bother me anymore. It used to though.

i will be alongside you in my future badkitteh... we are all resonsible for our behaviour and being bothered about someone elses careless and thoughtless behaviour is where therapy intends we draw the line. I know, I have been there and I can see my future without all this in it. Thank god x

Are you saying Joshua is careless and thoughtless? Whilst not everyone may agree with the changes, I am sure he does care (otherwise he'd not bother with this place), and I am also sure he has thought about what he is doing. I am not saying that I agree with all the changes, by the way.

"This is place is here for you guys but Josh owns it and pays more for it"

Yes....but there are paying members here too. (To reiterate - I was one, but not at the moment).If people are using this site and in some cases PAYING TOWARDS ITS' UPKEEP then surely a proper consultation should have taken place beforehand?

To ensure this site remains "inclusive", as Josh believes it should be, I fully believe any MAJOR changes here should be put to a vote xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is all I would have liked. just to have my opinion heard would have been nice. x

fuck the money... my money i mean... i give more out on a daily basis than most.... of my own money.. yes I am generous to a fault.... makes me easy to manipulate. I will never own 'stocks' because I tend to GIVE it away..... charity my arse.... this is joshua's magazine. That's it! Well, I am no longer subscribing. There, consumer power at it's best.

Where does this idea come from that if you pay you have a say? You pay for a membership to use our facilities,youre not on the board of the organisation.

Would you demand a say how your grocery store is run,where products are placed,how your cable tv is ran,what channels it decides to put up??

Lilly

Are you saying Joshua is careless and thoughtless? Whilst not everyone may agree with the changes, I am sure he does care (otherwise he'd not bother with this place), and I am also sure he has thought about what he is doing. I am not saying that I agree with all the changes, by the way.

Data if he cared why cant he just bring the feature back which some of us are missing? why cant he just do this for us?

Archived