Mental Health Forums

What About Our Opinions?

cw590

Its kinda a frequent occourence. In regards to feedback though, Im on with it...

There is a long list of changes and new features that are being implemented as we speak.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why not tell us in an appropraite manner in the first place? Give us an appropriate list of changes, let us list the top 3 features we like or something. No warning, no appropriate handling of the changes, no appropraite vessel for wisdom here.... its all bollocks..... this is a mess like i said not because of the members.... and like josh said..., he is used to it.... he only knows chaos when it comes to changes here because he doesn't make the effort to let people know what he's planning on doing.

I think it's an insult to the people here to sit on the fence with this one.,

But if people use the Shout Box, won't they still be able to say they want to harm themselves, like they do/did in their status? With the status bar you had the option of hiding it. The Shout box means everyone using it can see upsetting comments.

It was being misused. Many people were stating they were gonna harm themselves.

I dont think it is abuse of the feature... its a mental health support forum.. they were just expressing their genuine feelings.

Is there any way you could make it so that members decide weather or not they can see it on their screen? like i said before by using the - and + buttons??

I think a lot of members would find this more useful than just not having it at all. And whats to say the shout box wont be 'abused' in the same way?

When people miss used the status updates should not the mods then have private messaged them to explain in a nice way why what they were putting was in appropriate. Could then thier ablity to post status updates have been taken away by the mods to stop this. Instead is has been taken away from all. And alot of members got a great deal of good out of it. It was to me the heart of the site. The inital place where you looked to see how people were doing. You would see a name of someone you had talked to. Seen they might not be doing so well. And in just putting " HUGS x" you gave that person instant acknowlegdement that they were seen, and cared about, thought about. Without it, it seems like the heart beat of the site has gone. Like the furniture was removed in the night. You enter the site to nothing. There was nothing wrong with what was there, only how it was managed.

When people miss used the status updates should not the mods then have private messaged them to explain in a nice way why what they were putting was in appropriate. Could then thier ablity to post status updates have been taken away by the mods to stop this. Instead is has been taken away from all. And alot of members got a great deal of good out of it. It was to me the heart of the site. The inital place where you looked to see how people were doing. You would see a name of someone you had talked to. Seen they might not be doing so well. And in just putting " HUGS x" you gave that person instant acknowlegdement that they were seen, and cared about, thought about. Without it, it seems like the heart beat of the site has gone. Like the furniture was removed in the night. You enter the site to nothing. There was nothing wrong with what was there, only how it was managed.

This has been done time and time again.

Thats not why they where banned I assure you,however due to their privacy we cant share the real reasons.

Lilly

Someone mentioned today that they switched off the status updates. I dont know if that meant they could then not see them as they chose not to. Could that not have been an option. For those that wanted them they were there. An initial form of support and to show support. And for those who didnt, they just switched them off. For those who were happy as things were it seems we are being hearded up and moved along to another site that we didnt think we wanted or needed. Good intetnions thou i realise were meant.

Thats not why they where banned I assure you,however due to their privacy we cant share the real reasons.

Lilly

Maybe you should let them know why they were banned. I've just had a very distressing text off someone who doesn't know why she was banned.

Maybe you should let them know why they were banned. I've just had a very distressing text off someone who doesn't know why she was banned.

Genuine members are always informed in due course.

Can she send a ticket if banned from the site ? Vunerable people have been upset by this. Good people who were the life blood of this site. People who meant alot to other people in the support they gave to others. A site like this should have a " one for all and all for one " thing going on. Very badly handled sadly.

I mean no disrespect to any member here by saying this, but...

....this whole thing sounds like a storm-in-a-teacup to me. I don't have the time or the inclination to read all the responses to this topic. People have said their views, we can't always get what we want. So just make the best out of this place, and get on with your life, and focus on what is important: getting better, and maximising your own happiness and that of yours around you.

Can she send a ticket if banned from the site ? Vunerable people have been upset by this. Good people who were the life blood of this site. People who meant alot to other people in the support they gave to others. A site like this should have a " one for all and all for one " thing going on. Very badly handled sadly.

Yes

She said she can't do it.

Im sure we have all made very good friends in here. To see such upset. People being banned. We are all worriers. Thats why we are in site in the first place. We are all going to show support to the people who supported us. Sanctaury is a fabulous person. She will be hugely missed by many.

Archived