Mental Health Forums

Productive Trip To The Gps (A Rare Thing)

Truelove89

So I have given up on my psychiatrist, made a formal complaint about him, and gone back to my GPs to see if they would actually do something. I was lucky enough to get to see the head of the practice who is far more understanding than my family GP. She has prescribed me compulsory 30 minutes of exercise every day, to go out and dig and garden when I get angry, agitated or hyper manic, and she is contacting the personality disorder service for me to see if she can get me referred there for assessment and possibly treatment.

I'm still hoping to hear back from Birmingham & Solihull Mental Health Foundation Trust in terms of my complaint about my incompetent psychiatrist, and I will be contacting the Vulnerable Persons Police Officer so I can protect my husband from my angry outbursts, and get pressure put on the personality disorder service to accept me and treat me.

The sunshine also helps me feel a bit more cheery today, even if I am hungover.

All sounds good apart from being hungover. Well done and hope the hangover goes soon. :)

Maybe in future its worth trying to see the head of the practice all the time from now on? I see 3 different GPs at the moment - one for each current medical problem. I request a specific doctor each time.

Maybe in future its worth trying to see the head of the practice all the time from now on? I see 3 different GPs at the moment - one for each current medical problem. I request a specific doctor each time.

Yeh definitely, she's been helpful with lots of other physical problems I've had when my family GP was clueless and useless. I guess sometimes seeing a doctor of the same gender makes life easier, more comfortable to talk to, and more understanding. She's easier to talk to about my problems than my good for nothing male psychiatrist.

I just find female doctors are generally better listeners and more understanding. I'm male but prefer talking to women in general.

That is great your GP was so helpful, I hope they manage to sort the PD support :) I'm in the same position I have a male psychiatrist who can be a bit useless sometimes, my female GP is so much easier to talk to :rolleyes: hugs, take care xx

Archived