Mental Health Forums

Venlaflaxine (Efexor Xl)

abee.abee1991

So my dose was put up from 75mg to 150mg on Wednesday just gone. I'm finding myself now at night when trying to relax to sleep I feel I need to move my legs, I have to literally change leg positions often and/or tapping my foot up and down. Has anybody else experienced this sort of thing?

A x

sounds like restless legs, i got this when pregnant, cant remember what helps it though, but someone else might be able to suggest something to help xx

hi im on 75mg mr and i allways do alot of reserch into what im taking and to my supprise an active ingredient in them is on a chemicial eqivalant to exstacy not that it's a bad thing but you may be in a mania phase and the venlafaxine may be boosting that up im no doctor so if the symptoms dont go away within a few more days i would see them asap hope this helps

by the way no i have not experienced what your going through i take mine in the morning with a mood stableizer but i do sometimes find i sweat more and my jaw moves alot and aches by the middle of the day hope this was helpfull

oh and by the way DO NOT stop taking them i was starved of them when i was admitted to a physc ward because they did not stock them and the discontinuation syndrome is very bad and can be dangerous

hi abee.

Clonidine is oft scribed for restless legs, but you would need a script from your gp.

Bst to go se them soon, its an annoying side effect i agree.

Best wishes anne marie x

I get a sort of muscle jerk and I twitch my leg alot - this has been when I was on venlafaxine and also now on duloxetine - it is a recognised side effect. Its annoying but I just put up with it. Mine isnt so bad at night though - that does sound very annoying.

ahh here i can talk lol

ive been on this for a while now im taking 267.5mg aday in the morning with Quidapine 100mg with a 100mg boost at night if i need it.

now when starting this med the side effects are alittle strange and i also sufferd with restless legs i found wearing them out alittle before bed helped go for a fast walk or upand down the stairs helped me. it normaly wears off afther a week or two but if it gets to much see the gp

Archived