Mental Health Forums

My Body Composition Analysis

yasontheborder

This kinda made my day. I am underweight, although I would still like to be thinner

These are my results. The ones in brackets are the standard weight

Weight: 45.2 [53.2-65.1]

lean body mass: 36.5 [42.6-48.5]

soft lean mass: 33.9 [39.3-44.9]

total body water: 26.3 [30.6-34.9]

protein: 7.6 [8.2-9.4]

mineral 2.6 [3.2-3.5]

Body fat: 8.7 [10.7-16.6]

my B.M.I is 16.8

My waist to hip ratio is 0.69 (under)

My basal metabolic rate is 1226 kcal

Total energy expenditure is 1888 kcal

Hun, I really feel for you, I do, but I want to ask you something -

How come you've shared this with us?

Oh, and a warning too, your post may be edited, as a lot of people find it triggering (myself included, but not to the extent that some may) to see numbers, and I think there is a rule against posting numbers with regards to weight....

'nother question - why do you want to be thinner hun? hugs

xxx

Edit: as just checked terms of site, and actually can't find the rule I thought was there - sorry about that hun, but I would still advise you to be cautious. xx

Hi, i am sorry you have an ed yas,

Buti second what crip said, numbers, weights, etc can be very triggering. to anyone with an ed.

Hon, if you want help & support , there is organisations, sires and your friends here

wishing you well, but i agree w crip that there should be no weights in the ed section, else it can turn into a 'competition. I have a v bad rel with food, and after reading your bmi- i feel huge. You are well underweight, why do you want to be thinner?

xx kitteh

I agree with these guys, being underweight is not something to be flauted and shown off, it is unhealthy and u shud aim to be a healthy weight.

There is plenty of information available on the dangers of being underweight, it is putting u at risk and I hope u realise that this quest for perfection will only damage ur health.

U look fine anyway in my view, dont see why u feel u ned to be thinner :)

To be frank, there are 'pro - ana' forums and thinspiration galore online if one wants that sort of thng.

If one wants help- one can post 'i am overweight/underweight' and how you FEEL not stats.

Stats imho are pure triggering, and i am not trying to start an arument here, i promise i am not , but your post did have an effect on how i acted after i read it.

I do think you are asking for help here, you are not caring for yourself, thats the root issue.

Please don't think i am having a go at you, i'm not, i have ed shit too- its just some ppls ed's are dormant, same as some ppls self harm, and though cutting/od'ing has been discussed, ed's as crip says can technically be discussed, but stats... well, you get me. Please try realise the harm you are doing your body, (feel so preachy saying that, but i mean it well) Take care yas, x kitteh

edit-spellin's

hey yas, thankyou for sharing, im not sure what you were hoping for, but I just wanted to ask, have you checked these results with a professional? I only ask cos i had a test like this done once, and the water percentage was very low, i notice yours is only 26.3 from what I remember it should be much higher, although I may be wrong. I would just check it out, becasue water imbalances in the body can lead on to further problems.

Hope you are ok :)

Its very hypocritical of people to neg my post and put me down. Many things I read on herre has triggered me as well, but you dont see me making a fuss about it. It angers me I don't have a voice on here. If you all really wanted to go around pointing the finger at people for being triggered, I would say 99.9% of posts should be negged then.

I dont have a voice to share such private and personal experiences and information to anyone in real life. I really thought this is the one place I could not get hurt

I apologise to those I hurt, next time one of your posts triggers me, I shall be sure to do the same and kick up a fuss.

Hi Yas,

Please don't think I am arguin with you-

I just think it's best not to talk about stats.

I opened your post , saw your body comp, felt my clothes tight around me after being brought out for mothers day- and felt totally disgusted with myself so purged.

I chose to do that. You did not 'make me'. I am not angry at you at all- just think that stats are triggering, and thats my point.

You say...

"I apologise to those I hurt, next time one of your posts triggers me, I shall be sure to do the same and kick up a fuss."

It's not about that - you v' me... we could help each other instead? Take care ((yas)) xx kitteh

I haven't replied because I didnt know what you wanted from your thread.

You posted your stats, which clearly say you are under for everything, and yet you want to be thinner.

What did you want people to say?

I haven't replied because I didnt know what you wanted from your thread.

You posted your stats, which clearly say you are under for everything, and yet you want to be thinner.

What did you want people to say?

I thought people would be happy for me that I am working towards my goal. I thought they would be happy I'm doing SOMETHING productive with my time instead of lazing around home.

I certainly didn't expect this reaction. And I thought SOME people would bloody understand

Do you think people should be happy you are harming yourself?

Because that is what you are doing.

I want you to look after yourself, with your stats equal to the standard weight - then I will be happy.

Why would anyone who cares about you be happy that you are v, underweight, making yourself even more ill, and essentially forcing yourself towards an early grave?

Starving yourself, or whatever it is that you're doing to ensure you continue to lose weight, is not you doing something productive - it is you harming yourself.

I understand the need to do that - I've got an ED myself - but I am not going to encourage you to make yourself ill. If that pisses you off, then that is fair enough, I will leave you alone.

Bottom line is, I care about you, I want you to be healthy. If you can't handle me speaking out against your wishes to be even thinner, if you see that as me not caring about you, then that is fine. I will walk away, knowing that at least I have tried.

xx

yas i cant be happy for you that you are harming yourself

by trying to get thinner.but i am here if you wanna talk about it.x

im with others on this...

also, there would a been a time i woulda done something like this, as to 'show off' how thin i was. but i gave no thought to others feelings. i liked it if ppl were jealous, although i would NEVER admitted that at the time. ppl have come to your thread, perhaps wanting to offer you friendship and support, but instead they get triggered by reading ur stats - how would you feel if you read someone has a bmi of 15? or they were the same height as u but lighter in weight than u? that wouldnt trigger u?

im just saying ppl probably got triggered by this - you have an eating disorder, you should understand this stuff. posting a topic like this without any trigger warning was kinda unthoughtful to others.

and i dont think ppl should encourage you.

you could do other things with your time other than losing weight. u have the motivation to lose weight, so uve proved u have motivation - ppl arent gonna encourage u to use that motivation for something that has the potential to cause u serious harm

i hope you can help with this

EDIT - ive just read this back and i see that i sound harsh. im sorry for that. im probably jealous. i do want u to get help and i can understand why u would be happy and want to share this with this ppl. if it was me id be all smug an stuff.

toast xx

I thought people would be happy for me that I am working towards my goal. I thought they would be happy I'm doing SOMETHING productive with my time instead of lazing around home.

I certainly didn't expect this reaction. And I thought SOME people would bloody understand

Ed's seriously mess our way of thinking up, to Yas this is a positive thing, (the stats) and we can all see that's it's unhealthy but to someone with an ed and that deep desire to get thinner and thinner it is never seen as a destructive thing, at least not until in recovery and thinking more rationally about weight.

Yas, I am not happy for you BUT I do understand, I watch my BMI go down and down and feel bloody brilliant, if I put on a pound I feel huge and disgusting. But we both know that we don't think right when it comes to wanting to be underweight or happy that our bones stick out, it's just Ed's seriously take over. I hope someone notices soon (in real life) and helps you as your BMI is dangerously low.x

I don't have an ed.

I stopped purging months ago.

I don't go on my pro ana site anymore.

I eat chocolate.

My bones aren't poking out.

Im not skinny.

I don't have an ed.

I eat chocolate.

Im not skinny.

a disorder is the thoughts not necessarily the actions - disordered thinking.

and if u dont have an ED why post in the ED folder? im not having a go. just making an observation

I don't have an ed.

I eat chocolate.

Im not skinny.

I could hug you right now (I hope that doesn't sound patronising, I just felt sad reading this)

Your BMI is showing that you are thin/underweight. I think we have chatted before about BDD, do you think you see what is really there?

If you are in recovery from your ed and still losing weight, then that should be checked out. x

Well there's no bloody diet section is there? This seemed to be the only place.

I dont understand why you're picking on me. Please stop,

I didnt bloody do anything o you.

I don't have an ed.

I eat chocolate.

Im not skinny.

I could hug you right now (I hope that doesn't sound patronising, I just felt sad reading this)

Thanx hun. I need a hug :(

Yas, I'm sorry, but you just do not need to diet. It is not healthy, at all. I can understand that you may feel the need to - maybe you even look in the mirror and see yourself as being bigger than you actually are, I know this happens to me - but you do not. You have already stated that you are underweight, and your BMI is 16 something - which again, shows that you are underweight, as the lower end of a healthy BMI is around 18.5.

I am really, really pleased to hear that you've stopped purging - that is such an achievement, and not visiting a pro-ana site - gah, i know how addictive those places can be!! - that is awesome too, it really is. But, I am genuinely concerned for you hun, I don't want you to be ill, but it seems that you're intent on getting thinner. As someone mentioned above, think it was Toaster - an ED isn't just the actions, but the underlying thought processes and emotions.

I can't help you, as this is really upsetting me and do not want to risk myself slipping further so I will have to step back now, but I truly hope that you can find some support, and soon - maybe others here can help you, or maybe someone you can trust IRL.

Archived