Mental Health Forums

Sighs, But Panicks Again- Another Troll?!

Fuck-My-Life

I understand the reputation scoring thing, and know when and when not to give good points.

However, I asked a totally innocent question on the general forum the other day as to why I couldnt access the PM thing and leave comments on peoples profiles e.g. to say hi. I had a good response back which is what I was after. However, a totally different member I hadnt even heard of before gave me a score of -1. I hadnt done anything!

It just bothers me as I use MH World as a place where I can get support and support others in return. I know trolls are inevitable, but I used to be on Yahoo Answers alot, and left due to the amount of trolling taking place. I just hope this isnt another troll.

I looked at their profile, and two well known members asked why they were leaving negative points on the birthday messages. How can the moderators keep an eye on this, and are we generally safe from trolls? :(

I've become very very paranoid recently it saddens me to think that people come on here purely to cause distress to other members to good members like yourselfs

try not let them bad apples ruin things for you,

and on that note here's some +ves to make up for the neg's :)

David

how do you see your reputation and who has given what?

by clicking on the number next to your post it says who gave you the point and on your profile page it tells you your rep below your profile pic :)

David

Thanks guys, I completely agree Neverwhere. Was the same on YA answers (although the amount of trolls there was just stupid) x

When this happens please let us know so we can check it out.Luckily Ross brought it to my attention.This was a kind of spambot and has been removed.

Lily

When this happens please let us know so we can check it out.Luckily Ross brought it to my attention.This was a kind of spambot and has been removed.

Lily

Hi Lily

Thank you very much :)

I hope it makes folks feel a bit better to know that the negs weren't actually anything anyone had done, it was just a program randomly picking posts out! Negbots! How weird ....

Ta for dealing with it Lily :hug2:

how do you see your reputation and who has given what?

by clicking on the number next to your post it says who gave you the point and on your profile page it tells you your rep below your profile pic :)

David

Thank you. This helps a lot. I didn't know about clicking the number. :)

Just for the record and for you other paranoid people like myself. I NEVER give bad rep. :)

My motto is “Be kind, everyone has had a tough day.”

Lol me too Safron. I think I might have given like one neg point the whole time the system has been on, or I think if someone says something you feel strongly about its good to sort of say it I guess. Try to be gentle but firm :)

Also can I ask someone a cheeky favour?

The negbot gave me a neg on this post and I dont want people seeing that and thinking my link is evil or something, as it might be useful to folks having ESA problems.

Could someone anti-neg it for me pls? Fankoos to helpie pplz :hug2:

Also can I ask someone a cheeky favour?

The negbot gave me a neg on this post and I dont want people seeing that and thinking my link is evil or something, as it might be useful to folks having ESA problems.

Could someone anti-neg it for me pls? Fankoos to helpie pplz :hug2:

done :)

A big positive from me hummmm :) so your post now stands as 1)

What's a spambot anyway?! Are they human or just some kind of computer automated thing?! :unsure:

you dont realize how much that means to me for someone to actually say thanks, you have just put the first smile on my face for a long time, so thank you for your thanks.

i hope that makes sense?

You're welcome :)

Well at least I have made someone smile tonight. I'm on the forums alot and tend to vent, sometimes it comes out wrong and then if someone challenges me back I get all the more defensive.. my lil protection barrier...

Anyways, I'm waffling here lol! No, thank you for telling me what it was... I forever thought they were those girls on the net who would send fake emails and say things like hey I'm Katie, wanna chat, get me on *fake email*

Ah we all have the lil protection barriers…LOL unfortunately the one person who always said my protection barrier was set to high (my now recently ex partner) was the one who destroyed me when I let the barrier down to much for her… :mad0233:

Keep up with the venting…LOL

Archived