Mental Health Forums

Passed!

toaster

This is for both me and pie :)

so we both started a college course in sept/oct. Pie just thought she was going for an interview and the night before she said to me 'do you wanna come for an interview with me?'...i thought it was for something different but then she explained it. so i went with her the next day, were we was interviewed and enrolled :D

so the course is called 'new directions' - it is like an access course but half the work and it is to get you ready for the proper access course. i left school at 14 and havent managed to maintain education since. pie has done lots of courses, here and there but not done anything with them.

the course is:

IT - basic workbooks which have been quite easy (intermediate level) - except the spreadsheet one - UGH!. I am most proud of completing the spreadsheet workbook because i found it so difficult, i tend to find things easy so this was a challenge for me.

Study Skills - I have really enjoyed this lesson, as has pie. The tutor is lovely and really spends time with all the students. I thought this was all going to be about learning how to work etc but it has included personal growth i.e. confidence etc, so it has been good to look at ourselves :)

Health studies and psychology (self explanatory lol)

we have both had very good feedback from the tutors and we have made friends on the course and we have managed to socalise with the group like normal people lol.

We need 30 credits to pass and move on to access next year - we still have about a month and a half left...

we both have 36 credits! so we have passed! yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! and we will be getting more in time up to when we leave!

bit of impulisivity that paid off!

and we will be applying for uni during the access - pie is looking at mh nursing/medicine and i am torn between linguistics and my old dream, law. either way, we will be both going to uni :D

we've achieved something!

Hey Toaster and Pie I am really thrilled for you guys it must have been pretty hard at times what a fantastic result You guys rock!!!! Bumble xx

That is fab news!

Shows ya both have the commitment and skils for attending and now you can follow your dreams.

Good on you pie & toast!

cailini go h'anaidh mhaith. (great girls)

toast would so like to do linguistics meself, and nursing too but i am afraid of needles, paradoxically.

YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY de girlz!!!!!

xx a.m

thank u so much everyone :) it feels great thati have achieved something - hard work and dedication DOES pay off :) xx

thank u rossy :lol:

and icu, THANK YOU! have been looking up law courses and looking where bangor uni ranks for law (where i live)...am very excited at believing in myself again :)

well done both of u! known u both awhile and really seems that ur coming into ur own respectively. and 2 point out don't think u 2 realize how much ur accomplishing for good each day. and a :masked: 2 u each! xxx

FAB news Toast and Pie. Access courses are great, like minded peeps on them, all ready to study, thoughts of uni...go for it!!

YEEHA just think when it's beginning of September and you and pie have to go shopping for your new files, paper and nice pens and highlighters!! Sorry, am bad geek with things like that but it's dead exciting!

Well done you two xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanx! fedup, we LOVE all the new things, pens, paper, pencils.....between us we have about 10 pencil cases already haha :D

an i get really possessive about them - i get all defensive and sulky if someone wants to borrow something ashamed0005.gif :lol:

Well done :)

Have you done anything psychology wise before? It's a very interesting subject... its great because there really is no right or wrong answer :D

Archived