Mental Health Forums

Beauty & Truth For Mind

EmmaAlicia

Beauty and Truth for Mind

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beauty-Truth-for-MIND/197665460261108

The aim of this project is to raise awareness and support for the charity MIND.

The project will be based around a series of images from mental health service users, all of which will be a 'beauty' shot. The intention is to edit in the persons diagnosis, as well as the name of the project "Beauty/Truth." The idea behind this project is to show that those experiencing mental health difficulties are people too and they can be beautiful inside and out!

The ultimate goal will be to have this exhibited in Manchester or the surrounding area.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my portrait for the campaign- Beauty and Truth for Mind.

I have suffered with ill mental health since I was 12 years old. At 12, I became Bulimic- and by the time I reached 16 I was Anorexic. It took me to the depths of hell. I have the NHS to thank for saving my life, and at 23 I can say that I am Reco...vered. However- throughout my eating disorders, it always felt that there was more to it. A year ago I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. I have self harmed since 13- which again nearly killed me on several occasions. Needless to say I have good days and bad, and with medication, counselling and support I manage my condition as best I can. I’m neurotic, psychotic and emotional- I am who I am, and I wouldn’t be anyone else.

Portrait by JCG Photography

IMG_1745edws2.jpg

Archived