Mental Health Forums

Anxiety

unlucky

***Possible trigger***

:trigger: :trigger: :trigger: :trigger:

Been to the GP (not my usual GP) and she won't give me anything for my anxiety because "diazepam doesn't mix well with venlafaxine". She suggested taking up knitting instead.

I'm having a sh*t time at the moment. CPN is away for 6 weeks and my usual GP is leaving. My anxiety is getting worse and worse.

At work last night somebody was rude to me, and now I am so worried about going in on Thurs that I'm seriously considering OD instead. Or just hanging myself and having done with the whole thing.

I'm terrified of other people too. I am scared to leave my flat without my husband.

I know her advice is probably good in the long run, but just for the next few weeks I just need something to help me get through, until my CPN comes back and I can start to work on things properly.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've had propranolol before but it was no good. Anyone know something I can ask for? Or some other way I can get through this sh*t?

Hi

No offence, but I am glad your doctor didnt give you diazepam.

Diazepam causes anxiety, I am on it, and it feels like it has torn my life apart. I feel like it has hindered my emotional healing, everything feels like a pressure, and I get bad obsessions.

I cannot cope with things that may be a problem.

Maybe the knitting hobby sounds crass, but maybe she wants you to take up an activity that relaxes you. I wish my doc had said no to diaz and suggested Itake up a hobby instead.

I'm sorry to hear CPN off and normal GP leaving, things like that are always anxiety provoking.

At work last night somebody was rude to me, and now I am so worried about going in on Thurs that I'm seriously considering OD instead. Or just hanging myself and having done with the whole thing.

Nothing is worth that, especially a rude work colleague who was having a bad day. Maybe if rude in future, you could just say, something like "that came across rude" that way you are not pointing the finger. If someone said I was rude if I snapped at them, I would apologise. Anyone decent would, anyone who wouldnt is not worth bothering about, especially not worth taking your life over.

I'm terrified of other people too. I am scared to leave my flat without my husband.

Can you explore your fear of people. As it goes, I, too am scared of people. I see threats where there is none, and I use 'being nice' as a defense mechanism to ward off negativity from others. It does no good in the end though.

I know her advice is probably good in the long run, but just for the next few weeks I just need something to help me get through, until my CPN comes back and I can start to work on things properly.

There are other things than diazepam to get you through this, honestly.

There are non addictive anti-anxiety drugs, ask a doctor which non addictive anti-anxiety drugs you can take with venalfaxine?

My doc originally suggested BusPar, and foolishly I refused it, maybe you could ask your doc if you could take that alongside your medication. As far as I know, you can take Buspar on an as needed basis. Best though, to look at non drug ways to relax, maybe do some relaxing activity with your husband.

Is there any CBT? I hear this can be effective for anxiety and being afraid of leaving home. Could you look at some online CBT, or could you ask your doctor to point you towards some courses etc?

I hope that this post helps but please dont end up where I am, scared most of the time, except for when I take my non diazepam medication. (trazodone and quetiapine)

If you go down the medication route, make sure you get non drug treatment in conjunction, and make sure doc checks that whatever he prescribes is non addictive, and dosent inter-act negatively with your current meds.

love

SW x

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I'm just looking for something to get me through the next couple of weeks, until CPN comes back and then she will probably carry on with the CBT type stuff we were doing.

I have tried to learn knitting, but it is so fiddly it just infuriates me so much at the moment. I am going to try again tomorrow, but I have a feeling it's probably not my thing!

I have another appointment with my usual GP next week, so if I am still quite bad then I will ask her about Buspar or anything else I might be able to have with the Venlafaxine.

I know the person at work isn't worth it, and I think she may be in trouble now because of it, but I just can't seem to tell myself that when it matters. It's like somebody doesn't even have to be rude, if they just ignore me in the corridor or something, it sends me plummeting straight down and I'm really upset, it takes ages for my husband to calm me down when I get home. :( But I guess that is something else the CPN and I can work on when she eventually comes back.

Like I say, I just need something to tide me over for a couple of weeks until it can all get sorted properly. Other than knitting, I guess I'll just have to try and think of some stuff. Failing that, I'll see about any other drugs from the GP next week.

Thanks for the advice xx

:bigarmhug[1]:

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I'm just looking for something to get me through the next couple of weeks, until CPN comes back and then she will probably carry on with the CBT type stuff we were doing.

I have tried to learn knitting, but it is so fiddly it just infuriates me so much at the moment. I am going to try again tomorrow, but I have a feeling it's probably not my thing!

I have another appointment with my usual GP next week, so if I am still quite bad then I will ask her about Buspar or anything else I might be able to have with the Venlafaxine.

I know the person at work isn't worth it, and I think she may be in trouble now because of it, but I just can't seem to tell myself that when it matters. It's like somebody doesn't even have to be rude, if they just ignore me in the corridor or something, it sends me plummeting straight down and I'm really upset, it takes ages for my husband to calm me down when I get home. :( But I guess that is something else the CPN and I can work on when she eventually comes back.

Like I say, I just need something to tide me over for a couple of weeks until it can all get sorted properly. Other than knitting, I guess I'll just have to try and think of some stuff. Failing that, I'll see about any other drugs from the GP next week.

Thanks for the advice xx

:bigarmhug[1]:

Does it help to realise that negative work colleagues are the ones with the problems not you.

I think many colleagues take out their anger in many ways on other colleagues, and they dont even know they are doing it.

I had a few colleagues treat me abusively, but at the same time, in hindsight, I knew they liked me.

Others were jealous, but again thats their problem.

Rude colleagues does not mean there is anything wrong with you.

SW x

Archived