Mental Health Forums

How Long Does It Take To Eat?

CrippleAndStarfish

Probably gunna sound reeeeeaaallly weird now, but i'm just wondering....

How long does it take you to eat stuff? Like breakfast - say toast and a hot drink, or a decent sized dinner.....

I'm feeling really stupid at the moment, as can't decide whether I have no appetite, or whether i'm just ignoring my hunger because i don't want to/can't be bothered/don't see the point in eating.... but either way, it's just not being done, really. Do you eat quickly, slowly, does mood affect it? Tell me please?

Reason I ask is......

I started eating a little cupcake at about 2pm, and I've just realised that i'm still sat here now eating it. Picking the tiniest bits of it off and eating them, not stopping eating, just eating tiny amounts constantly. Only just stopped now to type this then going to have a ciggie, and there is still half of the cupcake left =/

xxx

Hey lovely, that doesn't sound weird at all.. I think that's something I've often wondered too, well people have told me I'm a rediculously slow eater but I do have problems eating in front of people. I think it depends on my mood with me, quite often I don't eat a meal all at once, I come back to it later on because it just seems like too much at once. But even small things, like this morning I made some herbal tea when I got up and grabbed an apple - I still had that apple in my hand an hour and a half later :blink: I don't really realise how much time goes past but it does often take me several hours to eat properly even if I am hungry. I'm not sure why really, it's not conscious, just always been like it. I think it has been particularly bad since my bulimia stuff got worse before Christmas, so I guess it's linked to all that for me. Sorry this probably isn't very helpful I'm in ramble mode today I think :rolleyes: Hope you're okay hun, hugs xxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx :bigarmhug[1]: I do that too hun - eat a bit of something then have to come back to it later as it seems too much.... overwhelms me.... but then I sometimes "forget" to go back to it later. :rolleyes:

I'm also really shite with eating in front of people.... Even with my own family... I can just about manage to eat a regular sized meal in front of my nana. I pick and pick in front of my mum, and then end up thinking "No! Too much! Can't do it!" and offer the stuff logan likes to him and the rest my mum will eat.

It's been really good with Bimo, because I haven't had to prepare any meals myself other than lunch - i struggle to eat stuff that i've spent time making, seems too much effort for something that is just gunna make me feel bad - and i've generally managed okay with eating the evening meals here because they've literally been put on the table in front of me and i've just set to work on them, so that's ensured that I am eating (even if there's been some meals i've had to leave unfinished) at least one good meal a day.

I'm wondering how much of it for me is ED related, and how much of it is because i'm just really fucking lazy. :ashamed0005:

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello

I am a bit of a wolfer / speed nommer. Sometimes you would get the impression that I think someone is gonna nick me dinner the way I chuck it down :o

Hello

I am a bit of a wolfer / speed nommer. Sometimes you would get the impression that I think someone is gonna nick me dinner the way I chuck it down :o

Teeheehee now see, that is what I'm like when I'm feeling generally okay and am on my own (or with someone who I feel properly comfortable to eat with)!! It just changes so drastically, i think it is partly influenced by mood and also depends on where i'm at with the ED stuff.

Oh btw Ross, this cupcake really is good! (yes, i'm still eating it! lol)

xxx

Hello

Teeheehee now see, that is what I'm like when I'm feeling generally okay and am on my own (or with someone who I feel properly comfortable to eat with)!! It just changes so drastically, i think it is partly influenced by mood and also depends on where i'm at with the ED stuff.

Oh btw Ross, this cupcake really is good! (yes, i'm still eating it! lol)

xxx

That makes sense to me, I suppose if food makes you feel horrid, then it would be hard to eat quickly.

I am impressed with your zen-like cupcake eating skills :)

:lol: Oh, Ross!!

It's starting to annoy me now though, really want it gone, but just can't make myself get rid of it any quicker. How pathetic!

xx

:lol: Oh, Ross!!

It's starting to annoy me now though, really want it gone, but just can't make myself get rid of it any quicker. How pathetic!

xx

Could you chuck it in the bin? :)

:o What?! Goodness! I don't know how you could even......! yeah, okay. brb. ^.^

Now I feel bad. I should have said can you put it in the fridge lol

oooh nooo, didn't mean to make you feel bad. :mellow: I'm sorry Ross darl. *fires more love at your brain* xx

oooh nooo, didn't mean to make you feel bad. :mellow: I'm sorry Ross darl. *fires more love at your brain* xx

hehe lol s'ok not feelin bad :)

The other option is to post them to

FREEPOST

ROSS'S GANNET ADDRESS

PO BOX 12

Brain says fankooooooooz :hug2:

Archived