Mental Health Forums

Bad Experiences With Psychiatrists Anyone?

yasontheborder

Would like to know if anyone had any bad experiences with their psychiatrist, or therapist, or whatever :)

Recently, my psychiatrist has been pushing me around, making fun if my mum for being a bad parent and telling me I have to hear it when I I asked her to stop. She kept on telling me there is no hope for me, that I will be this way for ever and on the last visit she said she had enough of me. I broke down crying after that. Never going back to her again. Anyone have any similar experiences?

Hi Yas, yes I have had a few bad experiences with a few bad psychiatrists. I say that if you can't "click" with your pdoc then you should try and get a new one. Having said that though its really hard to find someone you can "click" with but when you do it is well worth the effort. I had really shit ones until I found two excellent ones and this has made all the difference in my recovery. Some pdocs can actually cause you to become worse, not better.I think that your pdoc is completely moronic and a twit (not to mention unprofessional with her own issues). Its good that you aren't going back to her.

Yep, had some bad experiences with one pdoc, who I actually really trusted and liked.... Until I found out that he had been contacting my abusive ex (who was fraudulently still registered as and getting paid for being my carer) and informing him of the contents of the sessions, what had been discussed, etc. This led to ex phoning ambulance and sending to my mum's house early hours of morning for no reason whatsoever - I was curled up watching a movie, unhurt -, because pdoc had told him that i had been talking of struggling with urges to SH/OD. x

sorry to hear you having a bad time with your psychiatrist. yes i did i felt he just flicked through my diary not bother to read it but then he thought i were doing well. im no longer under the team no more, i cant say much to reveal identity cos ive been spyed on in the past and then got false accusations against me.

are you paying for the crap that you get?

If so, find someone new

that's just unprofessional

Yes I am paying for it, As well as the medication,

I have found someone new, got an appointment with her scheduled for may 2. I certainly will not be going back to her, only reason I chose her in the first place wa because she treated my sister for a few months. Not going to lie, she was great at first, but nowadays shes all moody and snappy and I certainly am not paying her to receive nothing.

Sorry you had such an awful expereince with what seems like an unprofessional person.

Good luck with your new psychiatrist though.

love

sw x

Archived