Mental Health Forums

Olanzapine

star

just wondered if anyone here has been or is on olanzapine?

i was prescribed it today on top of my usual meds for the reason that it has a sedative affect the idea is take 7.5mg at night and il get some sleep without needing zopliclone too often according to my pysch

has anyone been on this and could they tell me if it works (sedative wise) and what side effects they experienced

much thanks star x

Im on it, they do a nice disolve in your mouth one, supposed to be the best in that group of meds, try them and your see, different meds have different effects on people.

Hi Star, as Josh said they all work differently but I know its good to get different opinions. I'm not on olanzapine myself (I take zopiclone to help with the sleep) but my boyfriend was on it and it did work well getting him to sleep....which i didn't like cos it worked much better than my zopiclone lol!! But, he had to take it in the morning as well and that made him so drowsy and sleepy for a couple of hours :wacko:

I hope it works for u

Twi xx

since starting olanzapine ive found that half hr after taking it i feel really odd like im here but im not sort of out of it whic is not nice and all i wanna do is crash out.. just wondered how they affected other people

hugs n happiness star x

Archived