Mental Health Forums

Adventures In The Third Chakra

catspiracy

I wrote this as a fb note but i thought i'd share here too :)

Recently, I decided to take a pilgrimage into my third chakra, the Solar Plexus. There are a lot of reasons why (aren't there always?): I have never liked yellow. When I count time when posing, for some reason I always skip the 3's. I gain weight in my abdomen. I noticed I was drinking more. My drive and willpower were nil. I was toying with the dizzy control of denying myself food. My self esteem was dim and so was my skin.

Carolyn Myss talks about "hemorrhaging energy" from your chakras and gives great asskicking seminars on how to stop. I paid attention. I realize now that the way I treat my abdomen powerfully affects outcomes in my life as well as my ability to be of service to Harmony.

In my abdomen there lives a young girl. She is very concerned about acceptance. She is terrified that she is not worthy of love, or even food. She is sometimes convinced that she is Superwoman, and her glow surges into a golden glare when she creates something masterfully. And she is a humble child, raised with modesty and politeness, who learned early that peers are uncomfortable around the overachiever. This girl has a keen sense of justice. She seethes whenever her core values are compromised, especially by "me", the adult tyrant ruling her body. It's easy to shut her up. All you have to do is pour a few glasses of wine into her and she'll yield to chakra number 2. All you have to do is tell her, "perform a better feat or you don't eat." All the rest of the chakras take over in convoluted style.

This story is being changed. It's being changed because I am applying good parenting to my towheaded inner teen. I stop dominating her and I get really quiet and non-confrontational with her. I breathe healing light into her and I listen. She tells me things so true that I squint at their light. I feel so whole that I can't find words to share this experience with anyone else. I shut up and start acting right.

The foil stars are literally marching across the calendar: 100-crunch days, days without alcohol, as I focus my attention on honoring her in every moment. I create a luscious sandwich for that darling girl each day. I feel my core lift and hold poses more effortlessly. And as I said on my status, In the past, I would be "triggered" and my nervous system would go on autopilot. Acting out was not a choice, it was a condition.

I am so grateful for the changes that have occurred both within and without me since then. I am most of all, grateful for YOU! You are the community that supports my growth. Together, we co-create a better world, we begin the supernova of healing Compassion.

A friend wrote asking how I effect this change. I like that she called upon me to boil this thing down, because my throat chakra was getting a little tense with all the silence I've required lately. Here's my daily regimen:

1. Start the morning with a gratitude affirmation and some sensual pleasure of some kind. "4 hours of fun per hour" is my motto, Life must be worth living!

2. set an intention for the day: I am available for more good, how can I be of service today?

3. use DBT skills, chakra knowledge, see the white light of love, meditation, research/contemplation, etc... to remain serene. I listen to a lot of Carolyn Myss and Alan Watts. I work the 4 Agreements.

4. take action: go outdoors, daily exercise, accomplish something on my to-do list each day. De-clutter and honor my surroundings.

5. Treat my inner child the way I would treat any child: with love and kindness, rewarding myself with each positive step.

6. Each day, I make an effort to be an even better mother, wife, and friend. We are all one. I serve the harmony.

Your loving cat.

I really like your daily regime pointers. I have come to conclusion that all mine are unbalanced at moment and have not been doing my meditiation and daily affirmation this has refocused me so Thank you for sharing. B x

Holy Moo Cows!!!

I only posted about missing you! I was thinking about ya....

And thank you for your beautiful post.

I have got back doing yoga daily (this week) and have wanted to venture into the chakras, i'm back to seeing my old reg T tommorrow & she is a reiki sumthin, dunno if 'master' but she's into reiki bigstyle.

I hate yellow too!

And the stuff you are doing daily is brilliant and i am just super happy you posted this,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anne Marie

Cat, darling Cat.

As always, you turn up and post something so effing beautiful, at the precise moment that it is needed. I don't know it's needed, until i read whatever you have written, and then it just clicks, just like that. Jigsaw falling into place, perfect.

So so happy for you, truly am, and thankyou, with all of my heart. These nights are dark, and I know I have a tonne more of them ahead of me right now, but you've just handed me a candle. Much love to you, as always.

xxx

Archived