Mental Health Forums

Uncontrolable Anger

Betsy

after a year of being a zombie, being in counceling, trying to improve........ i lose it. i do what i used to do all the time. over a simple question from my husband i go into a biting attack on him and everything else. i was unreasonable (that is putting it mildly).

then i immediately knew what i had done. i was frozen where i stood... icould not move... for about 10 minutes i contemplated what was going on. the walls were moving and waves of emotion keep undulating up and down my body. i decided i needed to get undercontrol and appoligize for my part of the blow up.

i told him i was sorry for what i said and didnt mean them and i thot i was reacting to an event in the environment that happened just before his question and his sharp response to me was also a reaction to that event. he said "well, it just happened so suddenly" i replied "isnt that my hallmark.. sudden and unreasonable" then i added "besides you should have appologized too, you were in the wrong also" he said nothing and i stormed out.

this is the type of thing i used to do all the time.. why is it back... dont i, wont i everylearn? i dont think i am a dumb person but i keep doing dumb things.. maybe being a zombie was better...

bets

And I wish, wish, wish I could do just that - blow up and raise the roof. I can't. I brood, and keep it inside where it tears me up. And it probably isn't any easier for those around me......I am always a volcano that threatens but never erupts. I'd rather just get it over with.

Verbena

Why would you think I may have felt you were rude? Keep in mind that I don't have a computer at home, and only allow myself so much time on my office computer - several short periods a day.

I am dense in some ways. What does "one man's meat" mean?

Verbena

old saying...

one mans meat is another mans poisen. means my anger to me is a toxic as you me as your inability to feel anger it to you.

((((((((((( verbena ))))))))))))))

bets

Thank you Bets. I am not able to get into the chatroom yet - I am expecting a new computer soon, and then may be able to speak to you all directly. It means so much to me that you replied so quickly - almost as though you were here next to me, but the chat will be even better. I should get to work now. Know that you made a difference for me today......I will think of you as I perform the mundane.

Verbena

thx....... and u helped me knowing i helped someone else!

looking forward to chat with you!

(((((((((((((((((((( verbena ))))))))))))))))))))))))

Bets

Archived