Mental Health Forums

Binged Again, Tried To Vomit But Don't Know How

Lois_Lane

I can't stand bingening anymore I hate myself! I spent hours by the toilet trying to vomit but I just couldn't! And I am so depressed about it! I want to vomit but I can't! I know it's a bad thing, and it's dangerous but I can't stand myself like this anymore. My therapist gave me meds that schould loose my apetite, but they don't. I will go and try ti throw up again!

I was given Prozac, Risperidone, Xanax and Eftil, I don't know if they're callled that way in your country. Prozac is the one that helps you lose your apetite. The first time I used it, it really helped, I bearly ate, but than my doctor switched it to the other one and then brought me back to Prozac again, and now it's not working.

And I'm binging and spending hours in toilet trying to vomit, I'm sorry to sound disgusting - it only comes out a little or nothing at all and it makes me unhappy, because I want to vomit!

I was given Prozac, Risperidone, Xanax and Eftil, I don't know if they're callled that way in your country. Prozac is the one that helps you lose your apetite. The first time I used it, it really helped, I bearly ate, but than my doctor switched it to the other one and then brought me back to Prozac again, and now it's not working.

And I'm binging and spending hours in toilet trying to vomit, I'm sorry to sound disgusting - it only comes out a little or nothing at all and it makes me unhappy, because I want to vomit!

Binging and vomiting are a vicious cycle you dont want to get into.

It's best to deal with the reasons why you want to binge and vomit, and I hope you have the support to be able to do so.

Also, I hear you are on Xanax, this is a benzodiazepine and is addictive, please ensure that you do not stay on xanax any longer than the recommendations on the leaflet inside of your box of xanax. I would not stay on it longer than two weeks.

Please be gentle on yourself, and maybe take the lack of vomiting as a message to you to tell you that binging and vomiting is a bad cycle to get into.

love

sw x

Thanks about your reply. I don't know about Xanax, I started taking it in february, and it really calmed me down and I was able to sleep again (was insomniac for years), but now it doesn't help me anymore, I still can't sleep, because my doctor wasn't working and because of the holydays in my country I was not able to tell that, or any of this to my doctor. I am going to see her in week or two but I just can't stand it nor take it anymore like this!

Thanks about your reply. I don't know about Xanax, I started taking it in february, and it really calmed me down and I was able to sleep again (was insomniac for years), but now it doesn't help me anymore, I still can't sleep, because my doctor wasn't working and because of the holydays in my country I was not able to tell that, or any of this to my doctor. I am going to see her in week or two but I just can't stand it nor take it anymore like this!

It sounds as if you need to come off the xanax, but SLOWLY.

When I say slowly, I mean 5% - 10% of the dose you are on, and 5% - 10% of the dose you are cutting from.

Doctors are not very aware of the dangers of tranquilisers, but there are many online forums who have people very knowledgeable about coming off tranquilisers.

You may want to join one to get some support.

If you go to benzowithdrawal.com, or benzobuddies.com they should be able to help you.

Also, you may want to look up tranquiliser support groups in your area or country who you can phone for support.

Above all, don't come off them too suddenly or too quickly, and best of luck with the binging/vomiting problem.

love sw x

Archived